Thinking of changing over to having an external mixer what audio interface etc - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor

just got an audio 8 but I only have one TT, works fine but I love the feeling so much I'll have to get another TT soon
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Quote Originally Posted by Ashigari View Post
    just got an audio 8 but I only have one TT, works fine but I love the feeling so much I'll have to get another TT soon
    I loved getting rid of my turntables, the biggest ball ache was selling all my vinyl, was no market for it.

I LOVED switching to CD's years and years ago. Was so much easier carrying tunes to gigs, no worries if i lost a cd just burn a new one. But what I liked the most is i could spend the day in the studio and in the evening be playing a brand spanking new tune that night. For me CD's were the best leap forward in being able to make your sets that much more cutting edge. Plus the price of MP3's meant you could afford to buy so much more music (although I realise the lack of cost in selling an MP3 compared to vinyl meant alot more pap was released. That said I remember spending hours in record shops listening to rubbish to come away with only a handful of tunes.)

I;m getting mega confused by this whole audio interface thing with an external mixer.

How on earth do I work out the inputs and outs I need to be able to record!

Dunno about the audio 8 but the audio 10 has a main in. You can connect the rec out from your mixer to that and record internally on traktor. Personally I have an external audio recorder (zoom H4N audio recorder) that I use on my rec out from my mixer
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmydaze View Post
    I;m getting mega confused by this whole audio interface thing with an external mixer.

How on earth do I work out the inputs and outs I need to be able to record!
    you just take the record out of the mixer and put it into any input on the soundcard. the audio 4, 6, 8, and 10 all have inputs you can use.

After playing with the DDJ-T1 for a few hours i can honestly say i wish it onto even my worse dj enemies...

honestly for the same price the S4 is much better and has ins and outs... i would recommend looking into that.

Tech Mentor

You need 2 outs per deck to route into a normal external mixer.
    ie 4 decks = 8 outs
    Recording wise, you just need 2 input channels (1 each for the left and right channels).

With TP2 there are more routing options now, just to confuse you again , so if you're using 2 track decks and 2 sample decks you can route the sample decks to the same channels you're using for the track decks then out into a normal 2 channel mixer, if you want.

If you're confoooosing midi mixers with with normal mixers then you only need 4 outs total (master L+R, and headphone L+R) and recording will be done internally so you don't need any inputs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123