Thinking of changing over to having an external mixer what audio interface etc
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thinking of changing over to having an external mixer what audio interface etc

Just generally looking for some things I should think over.

I've always thought a controller like the pioneer ddj-t1 was the way forward, but I'm now thinking I might get an X1 and a mixer. But to do 4 deck mixing what audio interface would I need, or otherwise if I just went with two channels, what would be a good quality audio interface to go with.

All comments etc welcome.

you can get a used audio 8 for like $150 which is what I would do without a doubt. Check ebay.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    you can get a used audio 8 for like $150 which is what I would do without a doubt. Check ebay.
    What this guys said.

If I didn't need jog wheels, I would go mixer + X1's before a controller. Unless I needed/wanted an easy plug and play with a small footprint.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

An audio 8 will cover all the bases. Its a cracking soundcard.

You might well wanna jump on the DVS/Timecode bandwagon if youre just rocking an X1. To do that you'll need traktor SCRATCH pro, and some multicore cables (which are a godsend), that'll set you back some monies. It all adds up, etc.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Don't forget if you get a Traktor certified mixer you don't need an audio card.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Not very portable and you still have to pay for the upgrade. I had this dilemma and just plumped for the audio 10 tsp2 package, an x1 and a second hand djm800. Weren't cheap but I'm super happy
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

I got a used Audio 6 for next to nothing I like it more than the Audio 6 because I don't need multicore cables to do DVS, I'm pretty sure with the Audio 8 you do I could be wrong though. Also It has plenty of ins and outs for me I don't ever use more than 4 although I may in the future to route the sampler but that's another story.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    I got a used Audio 6 for next to nothing I like it more than the Audio 6 because I don't need multicore cables to do DVS, I'm pretty sure with the Audio 8 you do I could be wrong though. Also It has plenty of ins and outs for me I don't ever use more than 4 although I may in the future to route the sampler but that's another story.
    You don't need multicores with an audio 8 it's a normal soundcard with ins and outs

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Anyone want to buy a pristine condition Korg Zero 4..?

Serious... its going in the Buy & Sell thread this week. Just do not use it, never have.

Back on topic, sorry.

Tech Mentor

Good point... but go with an Audio 8 and a plain Jane 4 channel mixer with good sound quality... you can get it used too. This way, when you go to play at a friends house or even travel to play in a club you don't need to lug a mixer around with you!

I use the Audio 8... I love it. Great sound quality, small package, fits easily in my DJ bag as a carry-on for air-travel... could you imagine having to check your $2000 mixer?... nah, I think not!

Also, someone mentioned getting into the DVS swing of things... that's a personal choice, (how I roll) but I think you might have to give up the sync button??? (pls correct me if I'm wrong)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast