Judgements on proposed setup?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Judgements on proposed setup?

At the moment I have a numark omnicontrol with Traktor Pro (still on TP1 lol) which I mapped out excessively and I've been thoroughly enjoying myself, but I'd really like to up my game in terms of creativity. I feel like 4 decks is exactly what I'm looking for, since that'll give me the ability to cue up a track for transitioning but still have little sounds and toys I can play with until it's time to transition.

So I'm thinking of getting the Behringer DDM4000 and pairing it with 2 technics mk2 1200s, since those are selling at really reasonable prices online, and turning my omnicontrol into a performance pad (turn all its knobs into super knobs, keeping the play button for decks C&D, etc.) The reason for the technics is I'd really like to have the option to explore turntablism at some point or another, and timecoded vinyl will let me do that as I please. But anyway, I want some opinions from DJTT about how this setup looks realistically.

I can certainly afford it, that's not the issue. What I want to know is if I'm missing any pieces of equipment necessary for this to work properly (such as an external soundcard, which I don't think is necessary for the ddm4000.), or if there's better options for a 4 deck performance setup that falls within my price range (i.e. somewhere in the realm of $1200) Any other notes you'd like to add, or if you think I'm overlooking an important aspect of a set up like this, feel free to put it out there
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

Tech Guru

Awesome Avatar. That is all.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    Awesome Avatar. That is all.
    And that's all that needs to be said. (Kupo)
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

Tech Mentor

from what i've been told it's a god idea to keep away from the ddm4000 one of the more experienced guys might be able to help you a lot more than me
    Hittin' Switches For The Bitches

are you deadset on having a true "real" mixer?

cause the s4 would do everything you want + some (as well as timecode for real decks + soundcard)

personally, im in teh same boat as you, i want the tactile feel of vinyl under my fingers and the weight of a real mixer... im seriously considering an denon x600 or x1600 (both traktor scratch certified) or a DB4 (in my dreams :P) when i get the cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rabid View Post
    (still on TP1 lol)
    Is there something wrong with TP1? What does TP2 bring to the game besides colored waveforms?

Quote Originally Posted by inverted83 View Post
    Is there something wrong with TP1? What does TP2 bring to the game besides colored waveforms?

Ok that was actually pretty funny, but really.

no it doesnt. not really anything major other than the wave forms and a few new fx that are hard as shit to use...

Tech Mentor

you need an audio 4/6/8/10 if you want to run a DVS
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast