Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 101
Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1126
    Tech Mentor

2 x K2's. Although I am seriously considering 2 x CDJ2K Nexus'
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    2 x K2's. Although I am seriously considering 2 x CDJ2K Nexus'
    what are your thoughts on how you would setup the K2s

Tech Mentor

Haven't thought too much about it. Probably use one for the extended looping control, and the other for triggering sample decks in Traktor or something. I already have my Reloop Contour controller for transport / track selection, so would probably continue using that.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Delivery today....
    Xone DB4, Technics 1200 MK5 x2, Technics MK3 x1, Serato SL1, Novation Dicers, Sennheiser Adidas HD25
    Always uploading new mixes to https://soundcloud.com/djskullduggery

DB2/4 owners! A few questions- When in midi mode can you light the effects buttons via midi input? + if so, does it remember the on/off state if you turn midi mode off and on again? Does the midi mode button send a midi note? What's your favourite colour?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

Hmmm. Dunno about them questions personally. I did use mixrchitects tsi for Traktor when I first got it, and it was pretty good. But then I got my reloop contour (cheap) as I liked the idea of a platter, so never really used the tsi again for the db4.

Maybe someone else will be able to answer for you though.

You don't know your favourite colour?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

Ha ha. Actually its blue, which is nice with the db4's vu meter.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Well you've got to fill all of the DB4's RCA inputs in order to use both vinyl and DVS with the Audio 8 the way you're talking about, right? So there's no place to send decks C+D. And since Traktor (stupidly IMHO) can't talk directly to the DB4 when you've got the Audio 8 plugged in, you're out of luck. You can use C+D all you want but you can't hear them out of your DB4

External RCA switchers are a clunky but cheap solution - then you can use DVS and vinyl on A+B using your Audio 8 as you would a normal mixer, except instead of switching line/phono on the mixer, you switch RCAs on the external unit.
    audio8dj_frontback_02.jpg
    So i would plug my TTS in to ch a /b in's and plug RCA interconnects into the outs and those will connect to DB4 (ch1/4 or 2/3) then ch c/d would be interconnects to DB4, then i could plug maschine (trying to incorporate this and use it on the Mic/aux ch on the db4) through midi ?

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeuNit View Post
    audio8dj_frontback_02.jpg
    So i would plug my TTS in to ch a /b in's and plug RCA interconnects into the outs and those will connect to DB4 (ch1/4 or 2/3) then ch c/d would be interconnects to DB4, then i could plug maschine (trying to incorporate this and use it on the Mic/aux ch on the db4) through midi ?
    Actually I was thinking the multicore cables, which give you four outputs each for channels A and B (two for vinyl, two for timecode); the only way to use them on the DB4 is to take up all the analogue inputs (so channel A is decks 1+2, channel B takes up decks 3+4) -- no room for decks C+D, no room for Maschine (unless you use the Mic channel). Poorly thought out, in my opinion; for such an expensive mixer the cost of a few more RCA ports shouldn't have been a deal breaker. That's why I recommend the switcher - you put all four multicore outs into each switcher and one RCA cable (2 connectors) from each switcher to the DB4, and you use the external switcher to move between vinyl and timecode. Then you can still use decks C + D (which you would connect as you describe).

Of course, if you don't have the multicore cables, this can't be done anyway, since there aren't enough connectors on the Audio 8. But you can always make your own multicores pretty easily.
    Last edited by djproben; 03-01-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: a bit more accurate
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan