Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 102
Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1126

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Actually I was thinking the multicore cables, which give you four outputs each for channels A and B (two for vinyl, two for timecode); the only way to use them on the DB4 is to take up all the analogue inputs (so channel A is decks 1+2, channel B takes up decks 3+4) -- no room for decks C+D, no room for Maschine (unless you use the Mic channel). Poorly thought out, in my opinion; for such an expensive mixer the cost of a few more RCA ports shouldn't have been a deal breaker. That's why I recommend the switcher - you put all four multicore outs into each switcher and one RCA cable (2 connectors) from each switcher to the DB4, and you use the external switcher to move between vinyl and timecode. Then you can still use decks C + D (which you would connect as you describe).

Of course, if you don't have the multicore cables, this can't be done anyway, since there aren't enough connectors on the Audio 8. But you can always make your own multicores pretty easily.

so regardless of possible firmware fixes to make this easier, and not wanting to use a switcher, would the only way to make this work is to use an audio 10 or would that not make a difference? i do have multi-core cables but i want to get away from using them. if audio 10 wouldnt work id either have to get a 92 or just forget about using vinyl without having to unplug / plug in equipment to do so and just stick to timecode...

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeuNit View Post
    so regardless of possible firmware fixes to make this easier, and not wanting to use a switcher, would the only way to make this work is to use an audio 10 or would that not make a difference? i do have multi-core cables but i want to get away from using them. if audio 10 wouldnt work id either have to get a 92 or just forget about using vinyl without having to unplug / plug in equipment to do so and just stick to timecode...
    Audio 10 works apparently it's a switch on the hardware so you don't have to have multicores; same as using a switcher with the Audio 8 from what I can tell but far more straightforward.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Oh just wanted to add, there's another way, but it's lame: don't use scratch; Traktor on decks A+B and vinyl on C+D; skip the Audio 8 entirely that way and you still have traktor on C+D switchable in the input matrix. But then you lose timecode of course, and that blows. Of course NI could make all these issues go away with certification but that's not happening.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Or you could do the little trick to make Traktor think that the DB4 is an Audio8DJ if you're on Windows. It was posted a few pages back.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Or you could do the little trick to make Traktor think that the DB4 is an Audio8DJ if you're on Windows. It was posted a few pages back.
    Got mine delivered yesterday and have hardly been off it. "Just one more tune, one more tune".
    Seriously a beautiful mixer!

This windows crack you speak of, any chance that it would work for a Mac?
    Xone DB4, Technics 1200 MK5 x2, Technics MK3 x1, Serato SL1, Novation Dicers, Sennheiser Adidas HD25
    Always uploading new mixes to https://soundcloud.com/djskullduggery

I'm afraid I don't know!
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

I don't believe it works for Mac because you are not able to change the name of the audio device. There are other ways to get round it I believe, but it requires using cracked software, which isn't recommended. Although I don't really know for sure, as I only use windows machines anyway.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Skullduggery View Post
    Got mine delivered yesterday and have hardly been off it. "Just one more tune, one more tune".
    Seriously a beautiful mixer!

This windows crack you speak of, any chance that it would work for a Mac?
    I would highly doubt it.

HEHE Skull thats why I got out of traditional mixing :P Dont fall asleep with your new mixer!

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    I would highly doubt it.

HEHE Skull thats why I got out of traditional mixing :P Dont fall asleep with your new mixer!
    I'm going to explore every option and search every site for a way to do it before dropping the Yen on an A10 or SL4

Just upgraded the firmware and am getting used to the layout of everything. So very awesome.
    Xone DB4, Technics 1200 MK5 x2, Technics MK3 x1, Serato SL1, Novation Dicers, Sennheiser Adidas HD25
    Always uploading new mixes to https://soundcloud.com/djskullduggery

Quote Originally Posted by Skullduggery View Post
    I'm going to explore every option and search every site for a way to do it before dropping the Yen on an A10 or SL4

Just upgraded the firmware and am getting used to the layout of everything. So very awesome.
    pics!