Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 11
Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Mine was completely DOA when I got it; now I'm worried. Proaudiostar was cool about handling the return though; my new unit should show up next week so we'll see how it goes. Also go to the Allen + Heath website and send a message to support -- they can advise you as to whether there's an easy fix, which is what I was hoping for when I got mine.

Hopefully this is just an unlucky coincidence if they had two bunk units.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

What the hell is going on with these things?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Ah mate I feel your pain!! Sexy looking mixer but it sucks balls that it's fucked!! So sorry man!!! Hope you get it sorted.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kevz718 View Post
    And my stupid ups guy never rang my apt buzzer but rather went the lazy route and left a note so i had to go to the ups hub that evening to pick itup. I was enraged with ups that afternoon lol
    yeah same thing happened here. it was a battle just to get the ups hub to hold it so I could pick it up.

I've also just noticed one of the phono preamps doesn't work too. The 1st input is really really quiet and the sound doesn't change when you hit the phono/line switch. Inputs 2 and 3 work fine for phono.

You know I'm losing faith in A&H. I've heard rumours of their build quality dropping, tales of the DB4 being dead on arrival my mates brand new xone:42 died in under a year.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I was in the market for a new 2 channel a month or so ago, and being a A&H fanboy, I immediatly went for the small Xone22. After trying several out, wasn't impressed at all...went with the Ecler. I agree completely that their quality has degraded. Humming noises, clicky sounds when buttons are pressed...
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

I'll still dream for a 4D.. Sucks to hear about your problems!
    MBP -- TP2 -- Live -- Logic -- OhmStudio
    Kronos -- Max49 -- Tiptop Happy Ending Kit -- Couple modules & growing..

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    You know I'm losing faith in A&H. I've heard rumours of their build quality dropping, tales of the DB4 being dead on arrival my mates brand new xone:42 died in under a year.
    That's why I bought the xone:62 I did…it's older and made in UK, back when they were made very well. I stil need to do a more intensive cleaning on one of the gain pots, but the mixer is basically flawless except for being painted blue. And I have no idea when it was made or how many hands it's gone through (I'm at least the 3rd owner).

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    proaudiostar for $2199 shipped

I was a little annoyed, I got a quote for $2099 shipped new that they said they would honor for 15 days then said A&Hs prices went up and the best they could do was 2299 new and could no longer honor their quote. I got them to offer 2199, it's kind of annoying but still a good price and $100 doesn't mean too much in the scheme of dropping 2k. They only offered 2199 when it was clear I was about to hang up and after being put on hold to talk to whoever was in charge a few times.
    I think you got an awsome deal. They quoted me $2,350 incl shipping to canada. The cheapest I could find in Canada was $2,658. I didn't buy form Proaudiostar becuase they would only give me 30days warranty. After reading forward into your story about the cue gain, I'm glad I didn't. I bought locally for piece of mind. I hope you get your issue fixed. I ordered one too, two weeks ago for $2640. So It'll probably be at the shop next week.