Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 19
Page 19 of 113 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx View Post

@Karlos Santos - it's a shame for this thread to go off-topic. It's the only active "English" thread I've seen on the net about this mixer. My french, spanish, and german vocab is terrible and I probably sound mentally challenged on those sites.
    Once again defying the image that we are all button mashing FX whores. We also have this one that seems to be staying more on topic.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40367
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I was kind of panicking last night thinking something was wrong with this new mixer hooked up to traktor.

I was mixing and I noticed when I flicked the filter assign switch to assign the 2nd channel to filter 2 it cut the audio completely on the channel whether the filter was on or not. It was only happening on the 2nd channel strip and when I assigned that channel to no filter or filter 1 audio came back as normal. I had traktor minimized while this happened so I didn't see what was going on on screen and it turns out the db4 was sending a conflicting midi signal with an old map I had in traktor and was stopping and restarting the deck. Pretty crazy and a big relief, I guess the db4 sends midi signals for everything on the mixer?

Tech Mentor

Hey Xone.

Can you check something for me? I noticed that when I have all the channels switched to analogue that I get some sort of radio static and high pitched "weeeeeee" comming through. It's not very loud, but it is certainly not silent. This is also there when there is nothing attached to the mixer other than the power cord and headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Could you try it out with some heavy and erratic breakcore + jungle and see how well it picks it up?

Like bong-ra - murda you. Should be 168 bpm I believe. Try it with the intro which is more basic and then reset the bpm thnigy try it from the drop? Plz?
    I was surprised to find that I never had any issues with breaks/dnb bpm detection. In 6 months I haven't found any track with a constant bpm that eludes the detection system. I'll try with that specific track when i'm at home and let you know if no one else gets to it first.

Hey Xone.

Can you check something for me? I noticed that when I have all the channels switched to analogue that I get some sort of radio static and high pitched "weeeeeee" comming through. It's not very loud, but it is certainly not silent. This is also there when there is nothing attached to the mixer other than the power cord and headphones.
    I don't get that.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    I don't get that.
    Great! Thanks for checking.

How high did you have the volume up? Each line gain was at 12 o'clock and all faders were up. I can start to hear the noise with master, booth, and heaphone volume around the 1 o'clock mark. It really sounds like aliens are trying to communicate though my mixer using radio static.

I raised a ticket with A&H yesterday and they closed it today but raised the priority on it. Not sure what that means.... Though I am concerned they haven't updated me personally.

I'm assuming this is a known issue with them. I read somewhere that resetting the mixer solved the problem. I tried this, but didn't work for me. Maybe they'll address it in the next firmware.

It really sounds like aliens are trying to communicate though my mixer using radio static.
    Haha yeah that's kinda like the noise I was getting out of my headphone jack that was broken, check my video I posted a few pages back. The nosie in the video is amplified a ton since I have powered speakers hooked up to the headphone jack with the volume way up but it sounded like faint radio static in the headphones.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Haha yeah that's kinda like the noise I was getting out of my headphone jack that was broken, check my video I posted a few pages back. The nosie in the video is amplified a ton since I have powered speakers hooked up to the headphone jack with the volume way up but it sounded like faint radio static in the headphones.
    I saw that vid, and it turned me off buying from ProAudiostar.

The noise you were getting is alot different. I have powered speakers too but your noise was worse. I thought something fried inside.

The noise is like when you tune your car radio between stations.

Tech Mentor

@kev - There was actually a few reasons why I didn't buy from them.
    Mainly warranty issues a I don't live in the US.
    Your previous post mentioning the drop-ship turned me off too.

We have a different distributor. So I spent more to get the best warranty and service.