Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 20
Page 20 of 113 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx View Post
    Hey Xone.

Can you check something for me? I noticed that when I have all the channels switched to analogue that I get some sort of radio static and high pitched "weeeeeee" comming through. It's not very loud, but it is certainly not silent. This is also there when there is nothing attached to the mixer other than the power cord and headphones.
    just checked, nothing

I really wish I could show everyone who is at all interested in dj gear who has never heard a DB4 what this thing and the effects sound like on a good soundsystem. Absolutely incredible.

I have been experimenting with the NxtDoor reverb some more and have come up with some cool mixing/efx techniques. Basically I will turn NxtDoor on on the incoming cued track channel 100% wet with expression knob all the way to the left (I think it is filter but the lows are boosted that way most), then an agressive slope on FX ADJ.

At the very start of a long breakdown on a track I will start the incoming track and mix it in with the effect on all the way wet so it sounds like it is being played in another room then very slowly bring the D/W down over the course of the breakdown of track A so it sounds like it is getting closer and closer until finally it 'enters' the room.

Alternatively you can create an awesome effect where you have NxtDoor engaged on each channel at the same settings with the incoming track 100% wet and the outgoing track 100% dry then you turn both knobs so it is like you are walking from one club room to another each with a different track. As a bonus the D/W knobs are the same as the volume knobs on the Xone: 92R so it feels like you are mixing on a rotary mixer. So cool I will have to make some effects video demos but I don't know if my camera can do justice to the sound. I encourage you DB4 owners to give it a try and let me know what you think.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Why don't you route a channel through traktor on your sound card and record it in there, then put the audio on the video? Or even line in on the computer and use audacity.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Why don't you route a channel through traktor on your sound card and record it in there, then put the audio on the video? Or even line in on the computer and use audacity.
    Alright I could do that I wasn't even thinking about video editing (never really messed with it). I'll play around with it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Could you try it out with some heavy and erratic breakcore + jungle and see how well it picks it up?

Like bong-ra - murda you. Should be 168 bpm I believe. Try it with the intro which is more basic and then reset the bpm thnigy try it from the drop? Plz?
    Just tried that track and the DB4 kept up just fine. Dipped off as much as +-4bpm on some parts, but was steady at 168 through almost the entire track.

Sweet. I'm impressed.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Yeah it does DNB just fine.

I'm mixing and I realize there is potential to easily turn the DB4 into a rotary mixer with a small firmware update. All they would have to do is swap the D/W knob and the volume fader on each channel so the linear fader becomes D/W and the big chunky knob (which by the way is the same knob used on the 92R and Xone: S2) becomes volume.

Seems pretty simple and it is laid out perfectly so that you could actually have a rotary mixer with a firmware update, that is absolutely huge. You could switch between rotary mixer and linear mixer with a press of a button! I'm going to go talk to A&H about this, they must have thought of it...?

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Yeah it does DNB just fine.

I'm mixing and I realize there is potential to easily turn the DB4 into a rotary mixer with a small firmware update. All they would have to do is swap the D/W knob and the volume fader on each channel so the linear fader becomes D/W and the big chunky knob (which by the way is the same knob used on the 92R and Xone: S2) becomes volume.

Seems pretty simple and it is laid out perfectly so that you could actually have a rotary mixer with a firmware update, that is absolutely huge. You could switch between rotary mixer and linear mixer with a press of a button! I'm going to go talk to A&H about this, they must have thought of it...?
    I know I did
    It hit me last night while filming a function check video of the Xone:92 with the DB4 nearby.

this thread is dangerous to my wallet. my first mixer was an allen and heath mix "wizard" and ive always loved a&h because of it.

im still waiting to see if the price comes down some. but when you subtract the cost of a controller and a soundcard out of the price it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    I know I did
    It hit me last night while filming a function check video of the Xone:92 with the DB4 nearby.
    I sent a ticket into A&H, lets hope...