Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Yes buy it, but only so you can add it into your signature

I prefer the DB4 EQing over the 92 (or anything else, for that matter). The slope on iso mode is a great fit for me and I love having the ability to isolate specific sounds with filter mode.

As for comparing software EQing... There is no comparison. Listened to some old mixes that I did purely on software recently and the difference was much more noticeable than I had expected. EQing with the DB4 is very smooth and the myriad of filter-stacking choices makes it easy to find a style that works for you.

As I've said before, its the best mixer I've ever owned, but if you have no intention of using the massive feature set you'd be better served with a 92 and $2000 to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Last week there was a demo unit DB4 from proaudiostar on ebay with a buy it now of $2100 or best offer, i wish i had the cash and they were going to let me do a partial payment but someone snatched it before i could.
    That demo unit is back up on ebay but give them a call and they'll hook you up with a new one; apparently they've got a sale this week only for that price. How do I know? We'll see in a week or so when I accept delivery :-O Yes I finally pulled the trigger after drooling over it for over a year; I'll let you all know how I like the taste of Ramen noodles.

I know this isn't helping you in your original goal to be convinced not to buy it, heh....
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

isn't the db4 a fully digital mixer? so the eq's are also "software" like the features on all other dvs (=getting the midi-value from the encoder and calculate the soundchanges fully digital in the dsp's?) or i'm an uninformed idiot? ;D

is comparing the analog 92 features with the digital db4 features really reasonable?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by M.Beijer
    this is a common problem amongst many men. In my country it's called "prylbög"
    which can be translated to gay guy with cravings

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    That is fucking brilliant.
    Roughly translated to gay guy with cravings for certain items

would have been a better explanation!

(although the word gay has nothing to do with homosexuality, just that other people uses the word as a insult since they do not think the behaviour of "prylbögen" is approved.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    That demo unit is back up on ebay but give them a call and they'll hook you up with a new one; apparently they've got a sale this week only for that price. How do I know? We'll see in a week or so when I accept delivery :-O Yes I finally pulled the trigger after drooling over it for over a year; I'll let you all know how I like the taste of Ramen noodles.

I know this isn't helping you in your original goal to be convinced not to buy it, heh....
    haha,

TM is so gonna buy it.. I would too if I could keep it and still pay food/morgage.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post

oh fuck me.

Time to sell some shit ASAP.

So wait they are selling NEW DB4s for 2100?

anyone want an S4?

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    oh fuck me.

Time to sell some shit ASAP.

So wait they are selling NEW DB4s for 2100?

anyone want an S4?

You keep your goddamned S4. :P
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

and now I have 14 days to get $2100. I hope I can sell my s4 quickly and I have $1100 coming in from another sale hopefully.

Well that went well... basically you've been convinced to buy one haha
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.