Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread
Page 1 of 113 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread

(former thread title Xone: DB4- convince me not to sell off my possessions and drain my bank account)

I mean it's just a mixer, nothing I should sell my S4 and some other expensive possessions for and drain my bank account completely for... right?

I am having a hard time with this decision. I know it won't make me a better DJ, yet it gives me the urge to make irrational spending decisions. Please talk me out of it.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 10-09-2012 at 07:42 AM.

You can get a midifighter for around $100-$200 and have even more fun with the equipment you already have?
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

It will make you happy for a bit but the way shit is going something else will come out that'll make you hungry for more.

Im a pioneer fanboy and I convinced myself if be happy with a second hand 800... I'm not really. I want a 900.

Half the time I just want to gloat on this forum about my set up.

The reality is I just like mixing two good tunes together and can certainly do thy with my set up.

Just know that it's RGAS eating you up and will probably do that forever.

Think of yourself as an addict. There is no final hit, each bit hit just makes you want an even bigger hit
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Stop kidding yourself. Sell it all and buy the DB4 and maybe a couple cases of Ramen noodles.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    It will make you happy for a bit but the way shit is going something else will come out that'll make you hungry for more.

Im a pioneer fanboy and I convinced myself if be happy with a second hand 800... I'm not really. I want a 900.

Half the time I just want to gloat on this forum about my set up.
    Yeah I feel you. I have a feeling the DB4 will still be top notch for the next 2-3 years at least which is why part of me is saying I want to get it now so I can get some mileage out of it while it still the most cutting edge unit out there, and with the K2s coming out well.... I'm also considering going the used DJM-800/Audio 8 route. I miss having a real mixer more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Stop kidding yourself. Sell it all and buy the DB4 and maybe a couple cases of Ramen noodles.
    hahaha god damnit it's like you're the voice in the back of my head

Oh the db4 is super sick and yeah it'll last you a long while no doubt.

I really wanted decks and a mixer back too. I sold em a while back and was happy with my vci. I come into some decent regular work and so just bought the 800, x1 another sl1200 and tsp2. (set up pics in my sig)

That's a fair emount of coin. Are my mixes any better to the outside world?

Nope

I enjoy using it all though but it hasn't really stopped me craving more gear at all.

Already craving the vci400se ean golden edition with mapping
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

this is a common problem amongst many men. In my country it's called "prylbög"
    which can be translated to gay guy with cravings or more like an obsession to allways have the best equipment, this ranges from electronics to cars.
    I am living like my statement says above, although I worked it out buying second hand and try being smart doing business so I know I can get significant sum of money back easy, this way I can change stuff around me often, which gives me like a kick of happiness, although the lesser money involved in the trade the lesser joyrush..

want to mention that im not actually gay, just common saying.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    want to mention that im not actually gay, just common saying.
    lol
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 113 123451151101 ... LastLast