Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    true story.

If I could find a used DB4 for a better price I would be all over it.
    Sadly I have not seen any good used deals on it yet, not even anyone selling it used in my country..
    Last week there was a demo unit DB4 from proaudiostar on ebay with a buy it now of $2100 or best offer, i wish i had the cash and they were going to let me do a partial payment but someone snatched it before i could.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 10-19-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Don't even talk to me about RGAS. I want a DB4 so much, but there's no way I could afford it without selling a kidney.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Don't even talk to me about RGAS. I want a DB4 so much, but there's no way I could afford it without selling a kidney.
    The hard part is that is is within reasonable reach if I sell a couple things and spend a week's paycheck. I was just hoping I would still be able to keep the S4 but that isn't possible and I'm not willing to sell my Technics.

I need to find out if my copy of maschine is Edu or not I can't remember. I have a feeling it is and I'm stuck with it though otherwise that would make things easier since I never use it.

RGAS man...

I remember when I lusted over the Xone: 4D and finally got it and it was epic. The 4D was an imperfect machine though and the MIDI interface was outdated, the DB4 would be flawless if it were just scratch certified.

I love this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnJpI8nSwwo
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 10-19-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Tech Wizard

i bought a db4 nearly two weeks ago and i have to say its the best mixer i put my hands on... the eq´s are so much better then the traktor internal ones, the filters are " just a&h " no need to say more. the fx section is very complex and sounds fantastic and is a good combo with the traktor fx.

i was in exactly the same situation like you about 5 weeks ago... i sold my kontrol s4 for 650 euros on ebay and bought a new db4.

if you can afford it, do it theres nothing out there what sounds nearly this perfect than the db4.

i use it with traktor scratch pro 2, 2 x1´s and a maschine and i´m really happy with this setup.

i was never really satisfied with the kontrol s4, a real mixer is way better and this one is the best you can get, if you can afoord it

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Last week there was a demo unit DB4 from proaudiostar on ebay with a buy it now of $2100 or best offer, i wish i had the cash and they were going to let me do a partial payment but someone snatched it before i could.
    I'd probably feel a whole lot better if I could've got mine that cheap lol

Quote Originally Posted by beatkind View Post
    i bought a db4 nearly two weeks ago and i have to say its the best mixer i put my hands on... the eq´s are so much better then the traktor internal ones, the filters are " just a&h " no need to say more. the fx section is very complex and sounds fantastic and is a good combo with the traktor fx.

i was in exactly the same situation like you about 5 weeks ago... i sold my kontrol s4 for 650 euros on ebay and bought a new db4.

if you can afford it, do it theres nothing out there what sounds nearly this perfect than the db4.

i use it with traktor scratch pro 2, 2 x1´s and a maschine and i´m really happy with this setup.

i was never really satisfied with the kontrol s4, a real mixer is way better and this one is the best you can get, if you can afoord it
    You pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly.

I have two X1s sitting around, the S4 isn't doing it for me anymore it just doesn't feel like a real mixer and the faders and plastic top bother me. If I want jogs I'll use timecode vinyl (if only it were scratch certified).

I like the idea of having something portable but I can live without it.

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    this is a common problem amongst many men. In my country it's called "prylbög"
    which can be translated to gay guy with cravings
    That is fucking brilliant.

Hey, are there any Xone:92 owners/lovers in this thread?

I'm a 4-band addict and would find it extremely hard to part with my beloved 92. But the DB4 is just so awesome. I spent some time time on it, but not nearly enough to get a proper feel for the EQ.

I know it's a bit like apples & pears, but how does the DB4's EQ compare to the 92's?

I have a spare 2D collecting dust, and if I sold my 92 also I would have enough money for a DB4. But selling my 92 would take a serious amount of convincing, it's like selling a 1200. It's gonna be all down to the EQ section.
    92/2D/X1/KRK/Traktor (Toshiba Satellite M50 / PSM51L)
    Progressive Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Man... you well don't need a DB4 - look at gear in your sig :eek::eek:

Though I know how RGAS is...

I well want a DB4
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Destrukto View Post

I know it's a bit like apples & pears, but how does the DB4's EQ compare to the 92's?
    I think the 4 band eq is a little overrated. I had a 92 for a while and liked the 3 band 4D eq better.

I think the db4 will blow them both away since it will have a 3 band eq, 3 band issolator, and the hp/lp filter eq which looks really interesting.