Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 111
Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1126

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Or, if you really like mixing with filters, use the filter mixing option instead of the EQ/ISO options. I've grown to love the filter mixing and rarely bother with regular EQ mixing anymore. I also don't bother much with the filters on the bottom unless I want a more dramatic effect. Filter mixing is weird at first but it's kind of addictive; it's the one reason I am still tied to this mixer.
    Filter mixing is the exact reason I am still kicking myself in the ass for getting rid of my DB2.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Does anyone know why the EQ (set to ISO) doesnt work on occasions while cueing a track through headphones please?
    this is driving me mad, some tracks i can kill the bass for before mixing them in, some the EQ doesnt work at all. its very strange , i can figure out why or make sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Does anyone know why the EQ (set to ISO) doesnt work on occasions while cueing a track through headphones please?
    this is driving me mad, some tracks i can kill the bass for before mixing them in, some the EQ doesnt work at all. its very strange , i can figure out why or make sense of it.
    This is weird, should be the same for all tracks, is it random or always with the same tracks ?
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

same for me, much more detail sculpting out certain frequencies...its the poor mans Model 1
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ragverp View Post
    This is weird, should be the same for all tracks, is it random or always with the same tracks ?
    Its random. I have discovered that the EQ and effects only work out on the main output and not when listening to the cue on headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Its random. I have discovered that the EQ and effects only work out on the main output and not when listening to the cue on headphones.
    Did you check your PFL settings in the menu?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

this ...struggeld with this one a long time ago also ..
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ragverp View Post
    this ...struggeld with this one a long time ago also ..
    Care to elaborate please?

Tech Wizard

Is this in "USB routing" to be changed from AFL to PFL for all 4 channels?

Weird; it should be in "HP Settings" (Headphone) but I don't see it there. Don't know if that got removed in a FW update a couple years ago (my FW is from 2015) or I just misremembered it. Anyway try the factory reset route (here's ragverp's old discussion about it http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=90074); that should revert it to the right settings (of course you'll have to change any other settings you changed).
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan