Problem with X1 MIDI Mode:
    Tech Wizard

Default Problem with X1 MIDI Mode:

Hi All! So I have this problem with my X1 where sometimes it works in MIDI mode and sometimes it doesn't. Plain and simple. I use it in MIDI mode as a mixer (x-fader, volume, gain, cue volume, etc) and sometimes it works perfect, but then I'll go to plug it in and it won't work. The regular modes work, so I can use it normally, but my MIDI mode doesn't. It does not even register any notes coming in. I can press any midi button on the X1 and it does not show any incoming signal. So what I have to do to fix this is actually uninstall and reinstall the software because messing with the drivers does nothing. I reinstall the new driver, reboot, nothing. I install and older driver, reboot, nothing. Rinse and repeat three or four times, and I get sick of it, so I uninstall the entire program, reinstall it, and suddenly it works again. This will be my 4th time re-installing it and I am getting very sick of it. Native Instruments support is not of any help, I never get a response. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what have you done to fix it? Thanks in advance for everyone's help, you guys are the best here! Oh and I am using the newest version of tractor, have my controller editor installed, and have the update manager installed as well. No updates. Any thoughts?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Did you try restoring the X1 to default pre reinstalling?

Let us know if the issue is back.

Tech Mentor

I've had this problem too. Unfortunately, I've had about as much luck as you. Interested to see what other people have as solutions...
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

Tech Wizard

Default Re: Problem with X1 MIDI Mode:

Anybody else have any ideas? I reinstated last night after restoring x1 and will test it out tonight.
    "My friend's cat's hairdresser's botanist told me so." -Newg

Tech Wizard

Hey guys. So I fixed it and here's what I did. I uninstalled traktor including the controller editor, drivers, etc. I searched my computer for anything that contained the name traktor, x1, s4, etc. Anything related to traktor. I delete it all. All of the pref files, everything. I then restarted my computer, and then installed tp2. It installed and restarted and I've unplugged and plugged my x1 in multiple times and no problem..... yet. Good luck and thanks everyone!

Tech Wizard

Oh I also deleted any tsi files too.

Tech Mentor

That seems like a hell of a lot of work...don't you have to then reimport your entire collection, create playlists/favorites, etc...?
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

Tech Wizard

Yeah well since I'm relatively new and my traktor sorting and playlists etc have been pretty minimal, it was not too big a deal for me. But if you've got a lot of data in there, than yes its a hell of a lot of work. To be honest, I had a bootleg version to try it out for a few weeks, but then I loved it so much I bought it right away. I I think that the residual files from the first install could have been causing the problems, so I tried this and it worked. Wish I knew of another way but I don't. Sorry and best of luck.

Tech Convert

I've faced the same problem with my X1 many times. One thing I've noticed that might help is to open Controller Editor and change the name of the device: Preferences - Controller - Device Name.

I would love to hear any ideas how to solve this problem permanently - this is really annoying since there is no logic when it doesn't work...

Default Problem with X1 MIDI Mode:

What version of traktor I've had ongoing issues with 2 and my x1 and total control but in last version of 1 no issues. I can't even get my sample decks to map correctly to my x1 and my total control when using headphone cue split the knob has to be turned 70% to cue before the master volume is low enough and can hear cue and then it's too low to use for headphone mixing and I entirely use headphone mixing. Not meant to hijack just pointing out I have had hella issues with 2 that were not present in 1

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone