Affordable controller for Traktor effects

Default Affordable controller for Traktor effects

So yeah, I'm looking for something to control my effects decks in Traktor. I'm currently using a Launchpad with the 2-deck mapping with MidiFighter Instant Gratification (http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/m...ew.aspx?id=220) and a nanoKontrol for mixer purposes (volume, EQ, filter and so on).

I have set it up so that scene 1 and 3 act as mixers and 2 and 4 for effects control. Problem then being, I have things such as gain and tempo on faders, and when I use the faders in scene 2 and 4 for effects, it's hard to switch to mixer scenes and make small adjustments. So, I'm thinking either getting another nanoKontrol, or buying something that you guys think would seem more adequate in controlling the Traktor effects decks. :-)

So, suggestions from the mighty collective would be greatly appreciated!

get an x session pro midi mixer with transport controls and tempo faders
    "Be RANDOM to get NOTICED" -ellaskins

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Pabloco View Post
    get an x session pro midi mixer with transport controls and tempo faders
    the xsession pro is definately a bargain for the the price. somone posted an uber offer for one of those recently too... 20$ plus shipping... https://www.pssl.com/Torq-Mix-Lab-Co...orq-LE-Package

would be much nicer than the nanokontrol for the normal mixing type stuff i reckon. a second nanokontrol wouldn't be a bad idea tho or an lpd8.

if it's more buttons you need instead of faders you could use my midimasher to have multiple pages (and even some virtual faders) on your launchpad so then u can avoid using the different internal banks on the nanokontrol.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately my nanoKontroler seems to have died, or at least suffer from severe USB-port problems (dropping in and out etc.) so I decided to buy a friends Stealth Controller for the mixer purposes. This leaves me with at least tre knobs to control one effects deck. I'm thinking about trying to slaughter my nanoKontrol and se if I can make some sort of casemod for it, to have a really nice and logical effects controller.

So, any fancy DIY-projects you'd find useful for that would also be greatly appreciated. I must say I'm struggling with the way effects work in Traktor and getting them mapped nicely and intuitively. I think that if I had I'd find the effects immensely useful, but yeah, struggling with that (more used to Ableton or built in effects in mixers, but I like the sound of the effects in Traktor and the ability to chain them...)

Tech Convert

Not to hijack this thread but I have been looking for a deal on the xsession pro. Thanks for the post

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by RealChemist View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but I have been looking for a deal on the xsession pro. Thanks for the post
    Keep a look out on Ebay, I got one for $15 last month.