Traktor Pro "CPU Usage" Spiking
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro "CPU Usage" Spiking

Good day,

I've been mixing for about a month now and everything was going well until I decided to try and add some things into my mapping. After I started messing with the mapping, I noticed that the "CPU" bar at the top of Traktor 2 was spiking, almost in time with the songs. I stopped the songs and the spiking still occurred, restarted Traktor and it kept spiking, even loaded my base .TSI file again and it kept spiking. During this time I closed all applications that were visible in the toolbar.

Then I restarted my computer, opened up Traktor, did't play any songs, and the spike was happening. Even now, when all I have open is Chrome, Itunes, my downloads folder, and Traktor, the spike still happens, even though nothing is playing through Traktor.

Any idea what is up?

Thanks for your time,
    -BoumFoum

what controllers do u have connected? any OUT mappings from traktor to a controller that might then trigger an IN back to traktor in some kind of feedback loop? i've managed that before

you could just disconnect the in or out port(s) to debug that ofc.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    what controllers do u have connected? any OUT mappings from traktor to a controller that might then trigger an IN back to traktor in some kind of feedback loop? i've managed that before

you could just disconnect the in or out port(s) to debug that ofc.
    I have an APC40 hooked up. I suppose I should mention that probably about the point when I restarted traktor, the "controller" icon at the top was orange, but once I restarted my PC it became blue again.

Any specifics as to what kind of out - in loop I should look for?

Quote Originally Posted by BoumFoum View Post
    I have an APC40 hooked up. I suppose I should mention that probably about the point when I restarted traktor, the "controller" icon at the top was orange, but once I restarted my PC it became blue again.

Any specifics as to what kind of out - in loop I should look for?
    i once had it with the OUT for a fader, where the value i sent back to traktor was 1 out from what traktor sent me and it looped.

try disabling one of the IN or OUT ports and see if the issues goes away. if not then it's not due to a loop.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Wizard

i once had it with the OUT for a fader, where the value i sent back to traktor was 1 out from what traktor sent me and it looped.

try disabling one of the IN or OUT ports and see if the issues goes away. if not then it's not due to a loop.
    Come to think of it, I was assigning the "X-Fader" to different buttons in an attempt to figure out what note / key each of them was. Maybe thats what it is...

This starts to explain things to me more. Im using Padi's mapping and slightly modded for my personal use and was also having issues with the cpu usage being around 35% all the time and then when I hit a hotque it spikes and almost hits red everytime.

Thought it might just be my laptop but it turns out to be just the apc40.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    This starts to explain things to me more. Im using Padi's mapping and slightly modded for my personal use and was also having issues with the cpu usage being around 35% all the time and then when I hit a hotque it spikes and almost hits red everytime.

Thought it might just be my laptop but it turns out to be just the apc40.
    I'm glad this was helpful to someone else. Kind of annoyed that this may be an on-going problem with APC40's, though...

Tech Wizard

Okay now when I open up Traktor, with no other applications open and my APC40 is NOT plugged in, the "cpu" monitor is still spiking.

I need a doctor...

Quote Originally Posted by BoumFoum View Post
    Okay now when I open up Traktor, with no other applications open and my APC40 is NOT plugged in, the "cpu" monitor is still spiking.

I need a doctor...
    pretty odd... backup your controller config and delete and see if you still get the spikes? maybe not even being caused *by* traktor? pc or mac? if pc then run the task manager, click on the performance tab and then "resource monitor". just to see what app is actually causing the spikes. might not even be traktor itself.

Tech Wizard

pretty odd... backup your controller config and delete and see if you still get the spikes? maybe not even being caused *by* traktor? pc or mac? if pc then run the task manager, click on the performance tab and then "resource monitor". just to see what app is actually causing the spikes. might not even be traktor itself.

Aye, theres something going on outside of Traktor. I'm just going to reformat my computer and see if that fixes it. It should, anyways. Thanks for your help.