S2 and tempo issues in sample decks and syncing
    Tech Mentor

Default S2 and tempo issues in sample decks and syncing

This may have been addressed in the S4 forums in the past. I just got my new S2 yesterday and have been running into a bit of an odd problem. For some reason if I ever try to sync, or try to load something into the sample decks, the pitch is way off (like 50%).

Am I overlooking a setting or some timing configuration?

Tech Mentor

One other oddity on the samples. If I do one-shots they play back fine. Loops they are incredibly slow.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Load the loop in a deck in advanced view and check the gridding is right. One shots are independant from BPM, that's why you are not experiencing the issue with them.

Tech Mentor

The grid looks ok, and if I mess around with doing a x2 or /2 on the grid on the master deck it affects the loop, but the issue just either jumps way fast or slow.

Is there some type of calibration/sync on the sample decks I am overlooking? I know that at one point pre-S2 the decks were seemingly in sync with the master decks.

EDIT: I was able to get sync "close" by messing with the master clock, tapping my way to a synced beat, then reseting to auto. But it's still off a little (.1 second or so). I note that when I try to cue juggle back to the originating point, the sample deck skips back that .1 second. Very odd. Right now it's set to auto with this behavior.

Sync clock issue, beat grid not showing up right?
    Last edited by ParisCreative; 10-20-2011 at 07:04 PM.