Cobain Or Robbie Williams?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cobain Or Robbie Williams?

Wow how many times have you heard or thought something that would go great on a T-Shirt? When you are performing do you give any thought to your appearance? Sophisticated cat Robbie Williams style, or do you just turn up all smelly and in a flannel shirt, Cobain styles?

Anyway, custom T-Shirts. Cheap as to get made and a great personal touch to your overall "look" i guess. We recently gave my brother a "DJ make-over" as he grew quite attached to his wife beater and john deere trucker cap.
    Saw a great idea in here that i may actually use... and i quote "Fuck Off I'm Mixing".
    Mine at the moment is a sorta cartoony dude behind the decks and the slogan is "Work?"

So any ideas/pics would be cool to hear about
    ]

And provided for your amusement, a blank canvas
    Last edited by Jester; 03-08-2009 at 10:40 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

the hang the dj would be funnier if the dj was hang with his headphone hehe
    macbook/2 Stanton STR.150 /Axiom 25/AKAI MPD 25/Vestax vci-100/Serato sl3/Ableton live 8 suite/ krk monitor/Ecler Nuo 2.0/Akai mpd24/midiFighter /Audio 4/2 Pioneer cdj 800mk2/

more kiwis huh
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Its about the music nothin to do with what your wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3 View Post
    Its about the music nothin to do with what your wearing.
    to an extent. if you want your listeners to remember you, you gotta do something different, something that stands out. wetha that be wearing a t-shirt or a funny hat, or something completely different. guess it depends on what kind of DJing career youre after.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    to an extent. if you want your listeners to remember you, you gotta do something different, something that stands out. wetha that be wearing a t-shirt or a funny hat, or something completely different. guess it depends on what kind of DJing career youre after.
    When Im watchin DJs the last think id ever notice is what there wearing perhaps thats just me and the places i go, usually I can barely see the DJ anyway. Depends on the night your playin' I supose, pitch black sweaty club with bangin techno I dont think it would matter to much. Im only a bedroom DJ so i could be in the nak doin my sets

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3 View Post
    When Im watchin DJs the last think id ever notice is what there wearing perhaps thats just me and the places i go, usually I can barely see the DJ anyway. Depends on the night your playin' I supose, pitch black sweaty club with bangin techno I dont think it would matter to much. Im only a bedroom DJ so i could be in the nak doin my sets
    good point. k tshirts definately arent important but doing some different is. that, and 'who you know', are the best ways to get places DJing imo

I havent played out, yet. But, when i go out, the thing i hate most is dressing like every other douche bag there with a black button up (usually with skinny stripes). I think like half the guys in the club are wearing the same shirt.

I tend to go for underground stylish t-shirts.. stuff u gotta order from the uk, not something you can get at the mall.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I hang in underground clubs. Still, everyone looks the same.

I've started rocking cut up suit pants from Goodwill, cut up suit shirts with a band t-shirt on top and knee high, strained combat boots.

Once in a while I throw on a top hat.

It might not be about what you wear, and it is about what you spin, not gonna argue that. But standing out is important. When I walk out from behind the booth I want people to remember who I am in a different context.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    more kiwis huh
    Yup, Muahahaha
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast