Question on MIDI mapping S4 jogwheel FX
    Tech Wizard

Default Question on MIDI mapping S4 jogwheel FX

I have been working on mapping my jog wheels in MIDI mode to control the FX units of TP2. I have got them working but there is a couple of things I cant get to work and was wondering if somebody might could tell me how or even if possible.

I was hoping to set them up to turn on the FX upon touch of the platter and have not had much luck with that. I tried the platter as a toggle button, but it wouldnt work right. With that thought I was also hoping for them to turn off the FX upon release and reset the FX values to zero.

As of now I have them set up as of so:

Down offset button turn on/off the FX bank 1 and FX 1,2, and 3 and same for up button and FX bank 3

The buttons under FX 1,2, and 3 will turn that FX on/off individually

Rotating jog wheel clockwise controls FX bank 1 D/W and FX 1,2,3

Rotating jog wheel counter clockwise controls FX bank 3 D/W and FX 1,2,3

Any suggestion would be awsome, Thanks in advance!!!

Tech Wizard

Correction the platter as a hold button would not operate correctly

Tech Wizard

I ran into the same issue-- the jog touch would only work as a toggle, not as a hold. If you find a fix for this (or if someone uploads Ean's scratch wheel FX mapping) please let me know! I'm stuck trying to do the same FX work with my NanoKontrol until someone finally gets a good jog-wheel FX mapping. I've been working on the same myself to no avail as of yet.
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

You may have not set up the jog touch within the controller editor (ie external software) so it is set as a 'gate' type instead of a 'toggle' type. That would explain why you can't set it as an 'hold' midi command that works correctly inside traktor.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

I just checked but I don't remember if I had to set them myself or if the jog touch controls were correctly set up from the start. But I can use the jog touch to activate effect(s) on and off as an hold type of control. So if that's not the above I don't understand either your issue or from where it may come.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Tech Wizard

I can get it to activate the effects as a hold, but as you are using them the on light for the FX flickers and has (for a lack of better words) a lofi sound no mater the FX. Maybe I'm missing a setting.

Tech Wizard

Maybe a better discription would be like a bad electrical connection.

I can get it to activate the effects as a hold, but as you are using them the on light for the FX flickers and has (for a lack of better words) a lofi sound no mater the FX. Maybe I'm missing a setting.
    Make sure the correct message is sent, because a simple movement on the encoder will change the touch's message to is own message (that's a very common mistake when mapping the unit). And in midi as the layer is a blank canvas, all has to be mapped, so you may need to map the command output(s) if that's not already the case.
    Apart form that I don't really know.
    Latest mix