Laptop dying. Need new laptop. Ideas? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post
    Really? From reviews / my opinion it just seems like another beats campaign to rake in more cash.

I can't see the quality / justify the cost compared to say getting a mbp instead...
    well he said he wanted windows...but yea the hp envy beats seems to be just that for sure

Tech Mentor

I mean how they look, I really like black/red color in general. Quality shouldn't be an issue as I checked the hardware for 1k dollar one, it is like i7, 8 gig ram, 750 gb 7200 rpm hard-drive. Can not be bad.

Plus, I just don't like the macbook UI besides their battery life.

Tech Mentor

I'd suggest a Clevo laptop (just google around to find a reseller in your area) especially if you want to do other things like gaming as well. Thei're pretty cheap and look decent, mine should arrive today or tomorrow
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

The 13in macbook you mention would be my choice. But imo, don't go for the HP Beats Envy. It is the gimmick -- just find a nicely built laptop and go with that if you must have a pc (bootcamp works very well on macs btw). My main reasons for staying away from the Beats is only a 2 year warranty and displays at 1366x768. It's manageable, but traktor looks much better at 1440x900. Also, the talk about controlled bass and audio management console is not something I'd want to have to deal with, when you can manage it with your other software and interface.

A nicely built asus, toshiba or dell will work fine for your purposes.

I've recommended this site before to friends and on this forum. www.tigerdirect.com has a very large selection. Many of the laptops that are refurbished have great specs. Got two laptops from there myself. :U
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12