Laptop dying. Need new laptop. Ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Laptop dying. Need new laptop. Ideas?

So I currently have a Sony Vaio; which i've had for almost 2 years. Anyway, i've pushed it pretty hard, keys are coming off, i've had to get it taken back because of lose screws etc etc. So yeah. I run my computer hard, and i opened it up the other day and the right side of the screen looks like the video cable or something has come loose, so i'm looking for a new laptop now.

I have the option of going for a 13" macbook pro, i7 500gb with 8gbs of ram... Or i could go for another PC.

Does anyone have an amazing windows computer that they would suggest, which under about $2,000 that i could use for both school, production, djing and anything else i might need it for.. (music/movies etc)

I use FL studio and Traktor.

I Kind of want to stay away from the mac, so ideas are greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

All I can add is to back what ever you need up before your old laptop dies and make sure whichever option you choose you get the extended warrenty for extra piece of mind.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

I found this mad website which has laptops that will suit your applications perfectly!

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...ly/macbook_pro

Any of the above will do. You can run windows on them too!

Seriously though, apple are about to do a minor buff to the macbook pro's so if you want a mac, hold out for a month
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

Tech Wizard

lenovo think pad

I don't think the thinkpad will suit what i need it for very well. :P

And i was looking at the macbook before, but as i said- I kind of want to stay away from apple if i can. But what's this update you're hinting of? :P

Any other ideas? Was thinking the HP Envy 14 Beats, but seems a bit of a gimmick really :L
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.

im a pc guy myself... i can do all that stuff with my M1050 w/ triple core 2.3 ghz phenom proc. and the new version of this laptop is only 700. this model is 450 now.
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by ranzerox View Post
    im a pc guy myself... i can do all that stuff with my M1050 w/ triple core 2.3 ghz phenom proc. and the new version of this laptop is only 700. this model is 450 now.

What laptop is this?

Tech Guru

Im actually looking int ogetting a new computer too and wanna stick with windows, i was thinking either an hp envy or pavilion

Tech Mentor

HP Envy Beats are looking very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMM View Post
    HP Envy Beats are looking very nice.
    Really? From reviews / my opinion it just seems like another beats campaign to rake in more cash.

I can't see the quality / justify the cost compared to say getting a mbp instead...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast