Built to last: Kontrol s4
    Tech Guru

Default Built to last: Kontrol s4

Just figured that I would start this thread now for input on an idea that I will be working towards over the next few months.

Basically, I am going to take my existing s4 and make a 2-3 piece metal body to replace the existing s4's shell.

I may also attach a midifighter depending on the size inside of the s4, the midifighter setup would be 8 buttons along the left and right sides of the s4.

I would like to add more buttons but I am no software engineer, so using an existing brain is the best that I could do. The only problems that I see is creating the raised rings around the jog wheels.

everything else seems pretty trivial and I have access to all equipment that I should need.

ideas?

Oh, depending on if I get a micrometer, I should be able to have a model up this weekend.

Default Finally

Ive been waiting for ages for somebody to try something like this
    MACBOOK PRO 13 - TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 - AIAIAI TMA-1

Cool I can't wait to see the end result I've been waiting for someone to try this.

Tech Guru

Still no micrometer...getting a little more nervous about ripping it apart after seeing another thread on the forums but hopefully if I get a good design I can get more confident.

Subbed... Good luck!!!
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Subbed, Looking forward to this...

Subbed i think if you would sell steel S4 boddy's you would sel a lot of them!
    DN-X1600 | 2x X1 MKI | APC 20 | MC-505 | MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | XBoard 49

Rukks,

I thought about doing the same thing thing a while back. Have you figured out how to remove all of the circuit boards? It looks like the three main large boards are glued in or something.

Thanks,
    Chase

Tech Guru

I will have a CAD model going after Halloween, they are all glued in, atleast the front and back panel...they plan is to get a good model and possibly prototype going and then get a lil bit of support from a company, or someone who has spilt a drink on their s4, then after I can fit all the parts properly I will go about tearing my apart.

Got a sweet sock monkey foam head I am sculpting right now for halloween, I'll make sure to post on here when im done with it.