Beatgrid problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Beatgrid problems

Hi, Im new here and currently a pretty basic user of Traktor Pro. Ive already seen the beatgrid guide made by Ean but I can't get two songs to be properly synced:

Deadmau5 - You need a ladder (Original mix)
    Sidney Samson - Riverside (Original mix)

What am I doing wrong? If I get the tempo right at the beginning it's totally flipped out after a few seconds/minutes...

Some help please!

Either the tracks are not beatgridded correctly or one of the songs changes speed
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

Ok, but I've tried to find the right BPM without succeeding. I don't think the tempo is changed, I just can't find the right BPM in some way...

I thought these two songs might been a problem for someone else?

Tech Mentor

you can find out if your beat grids are right by skipping around the track in the small waveform view... if the grid is correct traktor should snap to the start of a bar and the beat will sound correct where ever you click..
    Macbook Pro 2011 :: Xone 22 :: Technics 1200 :: Denon DNS3700 :: 2x Midifighter ::Akia MPD24 :: Kaoss Pad 2 :: Audio 6 :: KRK Rockit 5 Darkstar :: Roland Sh-101 :: Traktor Scratch Duo :: Ableton live 8

Look the tracks up on beatport for the BPM's.

Sofi Needs a Ladder is an even and unchanging 128bpm (set the grid at the start of the vocals with that first kick and you should be golden the whole way through)

riverside i dont currently have... but according to beatport its 127 bpm
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Student

Thanks for the tip! According to Beatport Riverside has 126 BPM but when I put the song into that it's still wrong. I'm really confused about this...

Somebody who has/can get that song and try to do the same thing? Cause I can't get it right...

djnesquigs: The song I'm having problem with is "You need a ladder" not "Sofi need a ladder" (pretty much the same beat). There's no problems playing Sofi need a ladder, but "you need a ladder" seems a bit strange to me.

I just let Traktor re-analyze my riverside and it came out at 126 bpm and set the beatgrid perfectly. Is your track legit or downloaded? and if downloaded is it full length 5.21
    MPB - TP - TS Pro 2 - Audio 6 - Technics 1200mk2 - Xone 22 - xone53 - Kontrol X1 - Axiom 49 - M-audio C400

Drop a grid marker on the "pip" of the first obvious beat and follow the track along making adjustments as you go. If the analyzed bpm is way off then use the TAP feature to get a more accurate reading.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The issue with that Deadmau5 track is that it switches to the off beat at some point.

Grid it at the start and grid it again near the end -59 seconds to be exact.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 10-20-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast