October Dubstep/DNB/Bass - DG Burrn Mini-Mix
    Tech Mentor

Default October Dubstep/DNB/Bass - DG Burrn Mini-Mix

Heres a new mini mix with 320 download. if anyone has been following my mixing/producing... am i improving?

Last edited by djaydg; 10-20-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Tech Mentor

My girlfriend and I listened to your mix as I drank a post-lunch coffee and she worked from home. We listened on my laptop speakers.

- Moar tracklistings on DJTT = moar plays = moar feedback. Thanks for the download and proper embed.

- I don't like this style of pop-on-the-edge-of-bro-step but I guess I didn't think your tracks were uber terrible? Mostly they fit together in the same mix and there was a nice progression over the course of the mix, with maybe one or two tracks that seemed out of place (the uber-thuggy one?).

- Levels were a bit uneven, especially the uber thuggy track. Transitions were usually ok levelswise but some of your phrasing was off. When you're mixing such explicitly pop structured music, you need to really hit the phrasing on the mix ins and out. I think I only heard one mix where the beats really clashed. I understand it's hard to do with this kind of maximal music but I'd like to hear more overlap, longer mixes.

- God, this style of music has a lot of builds. Maybe try to focus on balancing out the builds with some breakdowns? I know this style of music must have big dramatic breakdowns too, right?

- I don't really understand the 15 minute DJ mix. 30 minutes at least IMO. FWIW.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Tech Mentor

most of my followers will stream my mixes that are 30min or longer but not download. the ones that they download or request are the mini mixes so i always make sure i mix it up between mini mixes, half hour mixes, and hour mixes. I personally dont care for this style either but i do like to practice everything. awesome review tho Awesomer i know exactly which "thug" song your talking about too haha. Thank you for the advice!! new mix coming soon

Tech Mentor

Tracklist:

SEXisM (Original Mix) - Excision & Skism
    Thorvik Up - Radiactive X
    Anubis - Camo & Krooked
    New Life - Nero
    Look At Me Now (Dr.Ozi Remix) - Chris Brown
    Heartbreak VIP - Notixx
    Screw Up (The Upbeats remix) - Ewun
    Youve Got to Love the Emperor - K12 vs. Florence and the Machine - DG Burrn Vocal Edit