Denon X600?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denon X600?

Default Denon X600?

I can't find out if it's digital only or is analogue with midi compatibility. I'm looking for a 2 channel analogue mixer right now (or 4 channel with FX unit if the price is low).

Quote Originally Posted by DenonDJ.com
    The DN-X600 features a 24-bit 96kHz USB 2.0 Audio Interface (sound card) with 4 in / 4 out (stereo) channels. Internal 32-bit Floating DSP Processing and 32-bit DAC Output ensure the best possible sound.
    Pretty sure that means it's digital.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Yeah, its all digital, though it works essentially the same as an analog mixer when you're not using the built in sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by Garygary1 View Post
    Yeah, its all digital, though it works essentially the same as an analog mixer when you're not using the built in sound card.
    What do you mean by that? Can you use it without a laptop or no?

Quote Originally Posted by KryticalH!T View Post
    Of course you can use it without a laptop, it's a mixer, not a controller. The soundcard however enables you to connect it to a computer, without having to use something like a Traktor Audio 6.

"External" mixers can be both Digital and Analogue, and you can still use them with whatever input you like (Turntables, Computers, CDJs etc). If you want to know more about the differences between Analogue and Digital mixers, check out this article by Ean.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Yes. Just plug in your sources and go for it
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Quote Originally Posted by KryticalH!T View Post
    yep it works like a normal mixer when you have the channels set to the phono or line ins, but when you plug in a laptop through usb and set the channels to usb or dvs, it uses the built in sound card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Pqf...el_video_title

And how would you rate it on quality, gary? I saw you had one via your signature. How does it compare to let's say...a xone 22/42 or a pioneer DJM 400/600/700?

it has a butt load more features than the xone 22 or djm 400 (the djm 400 felt very cheap when i used one). and the 42, 600, and 700 are 4 channel mixers so....
    this x600 has two channels plus an aux/mic channel with its own gain, eq and fx assign. plus its all midi mapable to control your software (which none of the other mixers you listed can do).
    i've owned one denon mixer (an entry model) that felt really nice and solid so i imagine this thing is great. 700 is alot when the 4 channel version (x1600) can be found for 1000 brand new. but if you only want two channels, this is worth it.

i'd be interested to hear Gary's thoughts on it as he actually owns one.

Quote Originally Posted by deco View Post
    it has a butt load more features than the xone 22 or djm 400 (the djm 400 felt very cheap when i used one). and the 42, 600, and 700 are 4 channel mixers so....
    this x600 has two channels plus an aux/mic channel with its own gain, eq and fx assign. plus its all midi mapable to control your software (which none of the other mixers you listed can do).
    i've owned one denon mixer (an entry model) that felt really nice and solid so i imagine this thing is great. 700 is alot when the 4 channel version (x1600) can be found for 1000 brand new. but if you only want two channels, this is worth it.

i'd be interested to hear Gary's thoughts on it as he actually owns one.
    Yeah, i'd say you're right. I love this mixer and it's built really well. All the knobs are rubberized and feel very solid, the faders are also solid, and the effects section sounds really good. It could easily last me the next 5 years if RGAS doesn't strike any time soon. fyi, they go for more like 600 street these days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast