need some help

Thread: need some help

Tech Convert

Default need some help

ok , go easy on me guys , This (vci 100 se) is my first peice of equipment ever! lol besides adobe audition .......ANywho im confused about traktor LE and traktor 3 , 3.2? , 3.3 , .......i read a while ago about the vci-100 se not being compatible with Traktor LE , but when i got my Vci-100 se it came with traktor LE , so My Main question is , WHAT do i need to start playing with My new toy , can i use traktor LE ? or do i have to buy Traktor 3 ..... also i have M-audio mobile pre-amp can i use that with the VCI?

The VCI will work with LE. I have no idea about the preamp but I would think you could use it. Not sure why you need a preamp with a midi controller though.

I'm not being mean when I say this but read the manual !!!! It will answer about 95% of your questions. We were all noobs once so I feel your pain. I do not have the SE but I did have a regular VCI-100. It was as simple as this.

Plug in the VCI (turn on)
    Open Traktor
    Open Preferences tab,
    Click on Midi setup
    Load the TKS file

Bang you are up and running.

Tech Convert

thanks man , no i have the m-audio pre-amp for another setup with a condensor mic , i just wondered if i could use it .......

Quote Originally Posted by superrican View Post
    ok , go easy on me guys , This (vci 100 se) is my first peice of equipment ever! lol besides adobe audition .......ANywho im confused about traktor LE and traktor 3 , 3.2? , 3.3 , .......i read a while ago about the vci-100 se not being compatible with Traktor LE , but when i got my Vci-100 se it came with traktor LE , so My Main question is , WHAT do i need to start playing with My new toy , can i use traktor LE ? or do i have to buy Traktor 3.
    To Use Traktor LE You Will Need To Roll Back To FW1.2 (& Load LE TKS)

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    How To Switch VCI-100 FW

power the unit off and hold down the first little black button on the upper left hand corner for 1.2
    power the unit off and hold down the 2nd black button for 1.3
    hope that helps! :-)
    To Use The VCI-100 SE Functions You Will Need Traktor 3(.3) With FW1.3 (& Load SE TKS)

Hope This Helps
    The Duelist
    17" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz C2D | MacOS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard)
    Traktor 1.2.4 | VCI-100SE v3.4
    Korg Zero8 | NI Audio8 DJ | Akai APC40 | KRK V8 Mk2 | Sony MDR-7506
    Novation Remote SL25MkII | Kore2 | Komplete6 | Virus TI
    Ableton Live8 (Suite) | Logic9 | Reason4 | Audio Hijack Pro

Tech Convert

im going to try that out , what differences are from 1.2 and 1.3? just wondering

1.2 will work with LE and the traktor LE vci-100 TKS.

1.3 will only work properly with 3.3 or up and the Special Edition TKS posted on this site.

Tech Convert

AHHH ok . one more question , thank you guys by the way , where can i get the LE tks?

There is no TKS for LE, it supports the hardware natively by asking you during the install.