External Mixer with midi crossfader :S
    Tech Wizard

Default External Mixer with midi crossfader :S

Some cunt sold me a vestax mixer missing the crossfader to be fair it was a good price £55 3 channels

I did'nt want it for scratching but it would be nice to have a crossfader..

I have a mapping for my x-session that still lets me control the high mid and lows but not the faders :/

is it possible??
    Last edited by Fail; 10-21-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Tech Guru

DDM4000 will be able to do it. You can assign only parts of the mixer to be in MIDI mode like the crossfader for example.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Mentor

American audio dv2 is a real nice mixer with midi mode and built in soundcard, I was not sure at first about it but took a chance and bought one. Real solid and nice mixer, great sound, and can be bought fopr $200 on ebay new.

Tech Wizard

Thanks guys i think im going to sell the vestax or not use it for DJing and buy a evolution UC-33E instead of an analog mixer

Quote Originally Posted by djkevind View Post
    American audio dv2 is a real nice mixer with midi mode and built in soundcard, I was not sure at first about it but took a chance and bought one. Real solid and nice mixer, great sound, and can be bought fopr $200 on ebay new.
    I've been looking into getting the DV2, but does it have the same type of MIDI mode that the Behringer does? I'm really only looking to assign the crossfader and leave the rest as analog, I've played on the Behringer before but I'm looking for a smaller foot print in my rig.

Tech Mentor

You can go back and forth between analog and digital but not at the same time. But really don't understand why you would want to use the analog sound as there are many more advantages to using complete internal mode and the built in sound card. Here is a small list: internal recording rather going analog and then back to digital, mixing on 4 decks using only one rca cable, etc. I have the mixer for a couple of months now and have put it through it's paces and it has stood up to whatever I could throw at it.
    Setup: Acer AMD Phenom 2.2 ghz Quad Core Processor 8 Gigs Of DDR3 Ram, Traktor Pro 2, Native Instruments Kontrol S2, and Native Instruments Kontrol X1. Follow Me On Twitter Or Check Out My Website https://twitter.com/#!/D3RKIN
    www.discopimpschicago.com

I was looking into the EKS otus, everything I've seen spec wise seemed to show that it had a better AD converter. But I don't want to lose that internal recording option, so I'm looking into other 2-in1 deck controllers. Thx man!