Can you DJ a.... Nerd Convention?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can you DJ a.... Nerd Convention?

one of my friends who goes to college at a university near me, called me up last night to see if i'd like to dj a party tonight. i tell him yea give her my contact info and call me. She called me this morning and we were talking about the gig, and i asked "what type of an event?' "warehouse party" "frat style". she said "it's a... uh.. huge nerd party." I replied. thats no problem im down for it.
    I think its going to be badass even tho i'm more of a jock type of guy. I expecting these people to be cool and being Halloween im expecting some impressive things.

she is expecting 500-1000 people, i'm excited to have it packed.

anyone dj a "NERD" convention lol
    Beatslicing for the bitches

sounds like fun you can get away with playing what you want and lots of nerdy electro. I would love this type of gig.

LOL

Um.....play anything.....and spike the punch!

Get the nerd boys and girls dancing on the same side of the dancefloor and you golden I rate!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    sounds like fun you can get away with playing what you want and lots of nerdy electro. I would love this type of gig.
    Dude come on to louisiana then lol. exactly what i was thinking. she said play anything you want just bring energy. Tetris dubstep FTW lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    LOL

Um.....play anything.....and spike the punch!

Get the nerd boys and girls dancing on the same side of the dancefloor and you golden I rate!
    right?! she was like its on a campus warehouse so no drinking unfortunately, i was no problem.. Hello 32 ounce gatorade bottle filled with rum

I'm going to take A LOT of photos

Amateurs!

I wouldn't play just anything... I would be hitting up all the big Nerdcore sites and doing my research. Stuff like Emergency Pizza Party, MC Frontalot, Krondor Krew, Kabuto the Python....shit there's tons.

http://rhymetorrents.org/ - great forum, loads of downloads

http://nerdcorehiphop.com/ - straight up

Tech Wizard

zedd - dovregubben
    zedd - the legend of zelda
    stepsonics - mario
    jay saunders - black swan (crizz luvly remix)

..just some that might work. Anything silly really, even better if the track has references to old games. Something to recognise.

Tech Guru

http://dualcoremusic.com/nerdcore/ is generally a big hit. I played after him at a security conference recently and they where going bonkers during his set.

EDIT: PS I enjoyed his music a lot. How can you beat a song that is titled "My girlfriend is a hacker"
    Last edited by GeekGod; 10-21-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Tech Mentor

I am studying Business-Informatics and the music taste of my course is divided into pop and rock.
    But all of them love retro 8 bit stuff and classic game remixes. Nerds my seem to be a bit strange but most of them just enjoy good tunes and an epic game sample at a time.

"Someone set up us the bomb,…, all your base are belong to us!" by Microsoft Sam is an all time classic e.g..
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

Anamanaguchi!

8bit hits...yeah buddy

Lol thank you guys, she told me to play electro, house, tech house, dubstep, whatever keeps the crowd going

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast