traktor 3.4 hangs on initializing screen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default traktor 3.4 hangs on initializing screen

Ean (or anyone) I have been having endless problems with Traktor 3.4 hanging on initializing screen at startup. I use a VCI-100 with T3.4 and there seems to be a Midi implementation bug in T3.4 at startup.

I know alot of you use the VCI-100 & Traktor T3.4 and I was wondering if anyone could shed some solutions on this problem.

I have found that if I always UN-check the VCI-100 Midi In & Midi Outs in Preferences when closing Traktor, it doesnt have the "hang on initializing screen" problem the next time I restart Traktor. And also it seems to help to NOT have the VCI powered up when starting Traktor either.

But there is also times I end up with this weird cycle of Traktor hanging and I have to shut down and restart my computer 3 or 5 times in order to get things right.

I have the stongest computer in the world (MTech M900C) with XP and all the nessesary things disabled (Bluetooth etc etc) and 4 gigs of RAM and 3.33 GHZ Processer. Latency Checker shows no problems...

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or have a solution?

What I would do is...have you vci off before you open traktor 3.4 and once its up an running turn on the vci. Traktor 3.4 lets you hot swap any midi device.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Hey Thictool,

I have a very similar setup as yours (vci + T3.4 + XP). And I do have the same problem as you. I can lunch Traktor with the VCi Off without any issues but I have the same symptopms when on. Eventually what I do is turn the vci on, then Traktor. It will usually hang so I go to the task manager to end the process. Then I turn the vci off and on again. And try again, I have to do this form 1 to 5 times before playing!! But once it is on I donīt have any other issue It all will work amazing.

Jesc: Unfortunatelly when you do what you recommend sometimes Traktor Hungs so it is no solution for this specific issue.

As many issues that I have had with Traktor I though I was the only one... now I see that this one is not like that. If any one else have this issue please speak out! So we can share our solutions. I really like this version of Traktor and I hope that we can figure how to solve this
    Last edited by alien2k; 03-10-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typos

Is been long time since we started this thread but it seems that I finally found a solution to this. Hope that thictool can try this also. As you noticed the issue only happened with the vci connected so it has to be related to midi. So after trying some things this seems to fix the issue.
    Please go to the control panel -> Sounds and audio devices --> Audio

Then in midi music playback select the USB device (Mine tend to select the midi port from my sound card and from my m-audio interface)
    Finally check the only use default devices box. And hit apply.

Then turn on traktor with the vci on and please let me know the results!!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by thictool View Post
    Ean (or anyone) I have been having endless problems with Traktor 3.4 hanging on initializing screen at startup. I use a VCI-100 with T3.4 and there seems to be a Midi implementation bug in T3.4 at startup.

I know alot of you use the VCI-100 & Traktor T3.4 and I was wondering if anyone could shed some solutions on this problem.

I have found that if I always UN-check the VCI-100 Midi In & Midi Outs in Preferences when closing Traktor, it doesnt have the "hang on initializing screen" problem the next time I restart Traktor. And also it seems to help to NOT have the VCI powered up when starting Traktor either.

But there is also times I end up with this weird cycle of Traktor hanging and I have to shut down and restart my computer 3 or 5 times in order to get things right.

I have the stongest computer in the world (MTech M900C) with XP and all the nessesary things disabled (Bluetooth etc etc) and 4 gigs of RAM and 3.33 GHZ Processer. Latency Checker shows no problems...

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or have a solution?
    I have this same problem with my laptop. My laptop is a few years old so I just thought that the laptop wasn't up to the task of working at that moment. Now after reading this post I should have thought about the midi connections as the potential source of the problem.
    Urban Fabric w Ken Webb
    Birmingham, Alabama USA
    Format: Indie DJ, Electro House, Dubstep, DnB, House
    www.urban-fabric.net
    www.twitter.com/urbanfabricfm

I am so happy , now my traktor boots up in less than 5 secs!!

I hope I can say the same thing when I try your suggestion tonight.
    Urban Fabric w Ken Webb
    Birmingham, Alabama USA
    www.urban-fabric.net

Just make sure that under "MIDI music playback" you select the USB device (the vci) as the default device. I then checked the box under that says "only use dafault devices".

Brilliant!

FYI: Make sure you have your VCI turned on before opening Sound & Audio Devices or you might not see USB Audio Device listed under Midi Music Playback. Which is what happened to me until I turned the unit on.

Alien2k you have reduce my setup time tremendously! Thanks for the tip.

Ken_UF
    Urban Fabric w Ken Webb
    Birmingham, Alabama USA
    www.urban-fabric.net

Tech Mentor

Im still experiencing the "Hang" on startup with this suggestion....Its so frustrating.

Honestly I dont have any problems as long as I leave the VCI off when I engage traktor, then turn it on after.

Thanks for the suggestion.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast