ASIO4ALL not working properly

Default ASIO4ALL not working properly

Wasn't really sure where else to put this topic.

All of a sudden, when I run Traktor through ASIO4ALL it just sounds weak. The bass sounds low and the gain sounds low. I've tested the difference between the sound in Traktor and the sound of simply playing it though iTunes, there is a very noticeable difference. I'm not sure what could've happened that would make this have such an issue, but it's really bothering me and I've only noticed it in the past 2 hours. Any idea if its a Traktor setting or an ASIO setting, and what might I be able to change to make it work properly. Everything is the same as it was before as far as settings go, so I couldn't see why that might be an issue...

last time i had a similar situation it turned out that i had the kills on for bass on both channels

could be a bunch of things i guess. does traktor sound ok when *not* going via asio4all?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

ASIO4ALL uses the volume set in the volume mixer in the system tray. Make sure the volume of the device you're using is up.
    Last edited by Onimode; 10-24-2011 at 12:04 AM.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Zestoi, my internal soundcard does not work properly with Traktor to begin with, which is why I had to get ASIO4ALL just so it would work properly. but now all of a sudden its got some weird issue, however the issues im having with my internal and the one im having with ASIO are seperate. However I know there's an issue with asio because after I play something in traktor, i close down the program and simply play it in itunes or vlc or whatever works without adjusting anything as far as volume goes, and it sound as it should.

Omnimode, could you elaborate, do you mean the volume control and faders and gains and what not? because those are all fine. and I'm not running an external device when this issue occurs.

Found the problem, in Traktor under audio settings, my internal soundcard was set to asio4all, not my actual internal soundcard. However in the process of troubleshooting, I attempted to uninstall American Audio ASIO manager (because I got a vms4 and then these problems started happening so i assumed that mightve been it). Anyway, I'm hoping that program didnt have anything to do with the issue because if so, then I'm going to have a very unfortunate time doing large set's vs compact mobile sets, which I'd like to be able to transition between both.
    Last edited by chaomocha; 10-23-2011 at 04:14 PM.

I was talking about this thing:

(Assuming you're using W7 here.)

When you have Traktor running, ASIO4ALL uses the volume of the device set in the volume mixer. I'm also assuming it's the same for older Windows OSes.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻