kontrol x1 vs midi fighter
    Tech Wizard

Default kontrol x1 vs midi fighter

I'm still very new to the midi controller stuff and this forum too so im sorry in advance if my questions are newb-ish or have been answered elsewhere

currently i'm rocking two american audio htd 4.5 decks with a numark dxm06 mixer... i have traktor scratch pro 2 with an audio 8 dj and timecode vinyls

i just wanna get more out of traktor software and was looking at the kontrol x1.. however i like to beat juggle and was drawn to the midi fighter (or dicers) because of the larger buttons, etc

just wondering what you guys would recommend?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pstokesy5 View Post
    i just wanna get more out of traktor software and was looking at the kontrol x1.. however i like to beat juggle and was drawn to the midi fighter (or dicers) because of the larger buttons, etc
    really depends if beat juggling is all you want to do. the midi fighter is an awesome controller but it's mostly limited to beat juggling+instant effects type stuff. if you're not interested in using internet effects in traktor then it might be the ticket tho. the X1 is a very nice controller tho - and would give u more rotary goodness for controlling other stuff. the new K2 would also be very cool to add to your setup ofc
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Yea it wouldnt be solely beat juggling and id like to use some of the effects in traktor and stuff... would the midi fighter pro be the answer? Or maybe a midi fighter and an x1? Or is that overkill?

I like the look of the k2 by the way... still the small buttons though but interesting! Thanks fo the heads-up

Yea it wouldnt be solely beat juggling and id like to use some of the effects in traktor and stuff... would the midi fighter pro be the answer? Or maybe a midi fighter and an x1? Or is that overkill?

I like the look of the k2 by the way... still the small buttons though but interesting! Thanks fo the heads-up
    i'll be pre-ordering a K2 just as soon as someone is taking pre-orders

if you want bigger buttons than the X1/K2 have then u need something like the midi fighter or launchpad etc. imho only having 16 buttons could be limitting - esp if u wanted to use the filters in traktor etc.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

midi fighter for shure
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Wizard

midi fighter pro or classic?

midi fighter pro or classic?
    again depends on what u want to control... u get up to 4 extra buttons and 4 pots/faders on the pro's which might then be enough for what u want.

i think the best thing about the midi fighters is the arcade buttons tho - and that other controllers are better for more general stuff.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the help man

I've been doing quite a bit of research and i think im gonna go with the kontrol x1 and that way i can always re-sell it if i go another route, etc

Cheers