Electronic music in the USA: popular but tasteless? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rgtb View Post
    that's a singular event. and i hear that many of the organizers of DEMF are actually from the suburbs, from out of town. but is there a big, organized scene? yeah, transmat is still there. i'm sure you could mention other efforts. but it seems to me, compared to Europe, those efforts are pretty much an entrepreneurial activity. the (non-mainstream) club scene is tiny compared to Europe. many good DJs have most of their gigs in Europe. what is commercially viable? only this mainstream stuff that's so ahistorically called "electro" or "electro house." or not?

Bro, you have no clue of what your talking about, I live in the D, there's parties left right and center, aswell as the spur of the moment underground warehouse raves that brought techno to light.

There's parties every week in the D usually consisting of pure raw Techno but including house, drum n bass and proper electro not the "mainstream" electro. Aswell one of the best IDM labels is run out of Detroit - Detroit Underground.

I don't know about other cities in the States, but don't come talking out of your ass about Detroit when I'm here living and breathing the scene.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    Los Angeles: Low End Theory, Monday Night Social, Basic's Nights, The Weekly Parade of Globetrotting DJs that come thru the Avalon and Vanguard, Electric Daisy (that was a california thing), Monster Massive, Doc Martin's Sublevel nights, Moontribe's Full Moon Parties,...
    ^^^ this exactly supports my point. ducy?

i blame it on david guetta :P
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rgtb View Post
    ^^^ this exactly supports my point. ducy?

no it doesn't. he listed a handful of events that show how diverse USA dance culture is, are you really that new?
    Last edited by wrong chris; 10-23-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234