Live Performance VS DJing - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

I just started working on incorporating maschine into my DJ set as well. I have been having issues keeping it in sync properly, but hopefully with a bit more tinkering and following what Mostapha said on page 2, hopefully I'll get it working properly. But even if I'm playing the maschine live, I still consider it a dj set and no way a performance.

One of my favorite live acts who I've seen a few times since they tend to come to my town quite often, is EOTO. They play live dubstep. I've not been behind them to see how much of what they are doing is live -- I believe they still use ableton to run loops, but one of them does play the drums and they have a few hardware synths on stage.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EOTO"]EOTO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Either way, they put on a great show and a lot of what they do is improv

Geeze...
    Dude its nothing to be defensive over these aren't accusations but the distinctions are worth noting in the context of what your original post was. Figuratively speaking hard to communicate here if we aren't even speaking the same language...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678