Anyone use Trainspotter V2 to get track info from beatport for your Traktor library?

Default Anyone use Trainspotter V2 to get track info from beatport for your Traktor library?

This would be amazing if I could get it to work right but it isn't matching any of my tracks to the right beatport info, it seems like the beatport match results are very random.

http://www.tspotter.net/version-2

It gets the data right from tracks that are already well tagged with proper release info but that doesn't really help with what I want the program for. Anyone have experience with it any any tips? It's a little confusing to use but has potential to be very powerful.

edit: it is actually working a little better now- it kind of freaks out if you have traktor running while you try to use it, hopefully it runs more smoothly now.

Alright it is going pretty smoothly now definitely worht checking out. When I download the beatport tag info is there any way to get the cover art automatically too? It updates the tags just not cover art.

Quote Originally Posted by dafe View Post
    Yeah I use it - although it can be a bit finnicky in finding a match sometimes. Mine has always updated the cover art, so not sure why it isn't for you?
    Yeah it's strange, it updated the cover art the first time I used it but not today. It also was giving me some errors...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I could never get trainspotter to consistently work for me.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Sometimes, at least with the discogs tagging, the discogs server will stop serving you cover art for a while if you've been doing a lot of tagging. This usually resets after a day or so.

If you want me to take a closer look at what's going on click Help->Send Bug Report and attach the files mentioned in the generated email message.

The matches that Trainspotter finds are dependent on the tags and filenames of your tracks and what's returned from discogs and beatport, so sometimes you get some strange results, especially if you have the catalog number tagged which isn't unique.

Quote Originally Posted by wys01 View Post
    Sometimes, at least with the discogs tagging, the discogs server will stop serving you cover art for a while if you've been doing a lot of tagging. This usually resets after a day or so.

If you want me to take a closer look at what's going on click Help->Send Bug Report and attach the files mentioned in the generated email message.

The matches that Trainspotter finds are dependent on the tags and filenames of your tracks and what's returned from discogs and beatport, so sometimes you get some strange results, especially if you have the catalog number tagged which isn't unique.
    Cool thanks it looks like it's a great program man, I was just saying to myself I wish there was something that did this and then I find it.

It seems like I have a group of files where cover art just doesn't show up, in the trainspotter browser there is a yellow exclamation point next to like 30 of my tracks and when I update the tags on those files the exclamation point stays there. On every other track that doesn't have that it updates fine.

I have some old stuff that was never tagged properly to begin with and it just has like artist name - song name in the file title or artist and song title in the song title with no artist in the proper place, is there anything I can use to fix it so I can then look them up properly?

What about using the beatport browser window? Say I have a file with all sorts of messed up tags where it doesn't find any release, how could I just manually look up the track and then download the tag info?
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 10-22-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    What about using the beatport browser window? Say I have a file with all sorts of messed up tags where it doesn't find any release, how could I just manually look up the track and then download the tag info?
    this would be a cool feature

I'm loving this thing though it is incredibly satisfying. Nothing like tags magically becoming perfectly clean with working cover art and release info.

Hmmm it is telling me the unlicensed version can only sync half the playlist so I donated, I guess I just need to wait for the license.

I cannot stress enough how awesome this is!

I feel like my collection has new life and sanity with proper releases and cover art instead of messed up tags, sloppy file names, inconsistent genre tagging. I never realized what I was missing without cover art but it really makes my collection come alive and reminds me of vinyl.

It is a little finicky to use and once you get the hang of what it likes and doesn't like you can get a kind of flow down and it is efficient.

You have to manually make sure the artists are separated by commas only (no and or &) with no feat. artists in the artist name tag (they go in the track title, how beatport does it) and there is no extraneous characters in the artist or track title (and no artist name), once you get those right the release usually shows up fine. Most of the problem stuff has been free releases and blog edit type stuff that doesn't have an official release.