"To Prevent Any Confusion" 1:08 mix of Liquid DnB

Default "To Prevent Any Confusion" 1:08 mix of Liquid DnB

One for the DnB heads out there that remember that Liquid hasn't always been JumpUp with strings and horns but nevertheless I kinda ended up there cheers everyone probably going to be my last mix for a while as I am going on a 2 month (I hope) vacation as I work too damn much.

Tracklist

Fluxem - Mojito - Point Audio
    Zero Gravity -Summer Evenings Breeze - Liquid Brilliants
    Pentagon -Summer of 73 - Hospital
    Kaleb - Dusty Blinds -Blu Saphir
    T-Ak feat Ellie - Voyager - Hospital
    Wax & CLS - Gonzales Theme - Fokuz
    Sardi - There for You - Liquid Brilliants
    Makoto & A-Sides - Hot Rock - Human Elements
    DJ Marky & S.P.Y. - Riff Raff - Hospital
    Makoto & Greg Packer - Heatwave - Human Elements
    LAOS - We All (Blame Remix) - Spearhead
    Bachelors Of Science - Brooklyn Summer (Morphy Remix) Horizons Music - (I screwed up the mix on this one, haven't played this song in quite a while... sorry all)
    Kator - Ebula - Liquid Drumz
    Total Science - Soul Patrol feat. MC Conrad (Total Science & Bungle Sunny Side Up Mix) - C.I.A.
    Simplification - Better Days - Basswerk
    Blu Mar Ten - Starting Over - Hospital
    Mage & Nelver - Redline - Fokuz
    London Elektricity - The Plan that Cannot Fail (Logistics Remix) - Hospital
    Mage - Just Say A's (DK Foyer Remix) - Liquid Brilliants
    Q Project - Move On - BBE
    KASIO - Russian Girl - Bassdrive
    Taktix - It's the Way (Serum Remix) - Apexx Recordings
    Limit - Dimensions - Quebolarecords

There you go everyone, quite a bit of oldschool living room liquid funk mixed with a bit of stuff aimed at the dancefloor...
    Last edited by bigheadmikelove; 10-22-2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: forgot to embed
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

So umm... it's 1 track judging but the track list and there's no link...
    Good thing I know your soundcloud... cept it's not there... wishing this could be pon de DL.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

I accidentally mashed some arcane combination of keys which provided the terrible post, check now, btw, wanna do a couple of 30 minute b2b mixes, I'm bored today :P

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

Downloading now, ill give some feedback later tonight. Ill be jammin this while i play some Forza Motorsport 4!

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    I accidentally mashed some arcane combination of keys which provided the terrible post, check now, btw, wanna do a couple of 30 minute b2b mixes, I'm bored today :P
    Now I'm downloading the mix, arcane key combos are a terrible thing but can be quite powerful lol. I'd definitely be down to do some b2b mixes with you man.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Yoshi - Thanks for checking the mix out, I look forward to your feedback when you get the chance
    Citizen - right on...seeing as mix trains are a dead artform (and they just always get derailed) we should just go with one of us making a 30 minute or so mix and sending it to the other so each of us goes first...know what I mean...pm me when you get time (who am I kidding you are a student, you have nothing but time :P be easy yall

Tech Wizard

I enjoyed this a lot, thanks.

I checked this out last night while playing some Forza Motorsport 4, so it was hard to really pay too much attention to detail with blaring car engine noises through my sub/speakers. not that you were asking for criticism or anything. lol.

But anyways, heard the whole mix and it really reminded me of sets i used to hear back in my days of going out to the local dnb nights where i live. Thats a special kind of liquid dnb that seems to be not getting the proper treatment these days, dunno if you know what i mean... I really enjoyed that Blame Remix of We All, i never knew blame did a remix of that track!!

Also, there is something very cool you do during your mix that reminds me alot of LTJ Bukem, its hard to explain and its probably something so simple as maybe just moving the crossfader or volume faders really quick, but one example is at 16:47-16:48. love that!

if theres anything i could really add to this is that you should really try to master the mix a bit better if any. felt like the volume levels were a bit off sometimes, but it couldve just been my game making it seem that way. well, im off to check out your other mix. Ill definitely be saving this one!

dale - thanks for listening, Glad to see people still like the oldschool liquid vibe

Yoshi - I totally understand what you are saying about true liquid (not jumpup with strings and horns) not getting the proper respect these days... as far as noticing the beatcutting (that's what the technique is called) you are spot on, it is what LTJ Bukem used to do quite a bit in his sets and thanks for comparing mine to his, as he is pretty much the master of it in drum and bass. as far as mastering the mix, I don't ever do it, and on this mix in particular I ended up using my headphones some and my speakers live for other parts, so I definitely had a few volume problems...again thanks for listening and giving the great feedback...