hotcues thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hotcues thread

Tech Wizard

U mix psy brotha?

Quote Originally Posted by jackied View Post
    U mix psy brotha?
    Not sure if that was aimed at me....but yes I do....and other genres.

But yes, Psy is what I know best. Been playing it for 15 years now!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

My first hotcue is generally at the start, or where I will mix in from. 2nd is normally the break before the first build. 3rd is 4 beats before the drop, 4th is the actual drop. 5th is the start of the breakdown, 6th is 4 beats before 2nd drop, and 7th is the 2nd drop. And lastly, 8 is the start of the outro.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Generally around 6 per track, including the grid marker. have an x1 going on hotcue mode so i can drop some obvious ones along the way
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_dB View Post
    there's actually up to (i believe) 24 storable cues.
    can anyone confirm this and if so claify? Thanks

my understandisng is there is only 8. Is it possible DJ_db that you are referring to grid markers for the extra 16?
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

sort of. you can drop extra cues but they wont be stored as hotcues as such.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    sort of. you can drop extra cues but they wont be stored as hotcues as such.
    So to summarise.

8 hotcues (general beatjuggling/jumping, cueing & looping)
    &
    16 beatgrid markers (syncing and visual aid)

By visual aid I am thinking you could incororate by setting extra markers 32,16 etc.. beats before a break down or drop (you get the idea) to help with phase matching.

Only downside is they can not be deleted at random. where as the hotcues can.
    Last edited by Zaniac; 11-02-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by jackied View Post
    Expected someone to just point me to the thread but i got so many wonderful replies instead.Appreciate it guys ;-)

Boom
    this is something i also love on this forum every time
    in other forums you just get an usegoogle-fuckyoucomment.

nice guys! ;P

Quote Originally Posted by NathanWard View Post
    My first hotcue is generally at the start, or where I will mix in from. 2nd is normally the break before the first build. 3rd is 4 beats before the drop, 4th is the actual drop. 5th is the start of the breakdown, 6th is 4 beats before 2nd drop, and 7th is the 2nd drop. And lastly, 8 is the start of the outro.
    Pretty much the same as me.

Its a general road map to all tracks.

I know I can jump around to any proper part of it...and GO!

:
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

As a few people have reiterated, there are only 8 HOTCUES. These are the 8 that are shown in the advanced view of the deck, and have mappable options for hardware. With Traktor Pro 2, I have not found a limit for how many non-hotcues you can set though, whether they are grids, regular cues, loops, fade-in/out, or loads...And when I say that I haven't found a limit, I mean that I just kept hitting store until I got well over 50 cues on a track, then gave up, since I will NEVER need that many. Haha.
    Last edited by DJ_dB; 11-03-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: formatting change
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast