hotcues thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hotcues thread

Tech Wizard

Default hotcues thread

hey guys,many months ago,I came across a thread in techtools with information relating to hotcues and parts of a song which people normally place hotcues.Ive been searching the entire forum over and over again but cant seem to find it.Anyone here kind enuf to point me in the right direction?Appreciate the help..

Tech Mentor

well I use the hotcues for places that I can mix in and mix out.

i place cue points on all breakdowns and the end of a breakdown. good places to put them for me. it lets me judge how long segments of the song are. im not sure if theres a dif. between cue markers (IE gird point or load point) form hotcues.
    Dell 2.3 Ghz 4 Gb Laptop - Windows 7 Premium
    Numark Stealth - Kontrol X1 - Akai LPD8 - APC20 - Novation Launchpad - Numark Mixdeck
    Traktor Pro 2 - Ableton Live 8.100000000000000

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ranzerox View Post
    im not sure if theres a dif. between cue markers (IE gird point or load point) form hotcues.
    Grid can be stored as a hotcue or not, generally speaking they are the same

I make use of all 8 slots available.

I usually beatgrid my track and then lay the Cue Points down.

At the beginning of a bit break and where it kicks in again.

Lets me move around the track seamlessly and also allows me to jump past the breaks.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

As a song is playing I don't really jump around with cue points so I use them for a more basic utilitarian purpose. I set intro and outro loops so there's two cues. Sometimes I use a secondary intro loop as well. I use the fade in and fade out markers to mark where vocals start and end. I very rarely use the load marker. If I can't see from the wave form where certain things like breaks and stuff are I might set a cue point to mark where those are, but not always because I usually just know where they are.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    I make use of all 8 slots available.
    Just to clarify, (not sure which way you meant it) there's actually up to (i believe) 24 storable cues. Only 8 of them are "hotcues", though, so you have the option of instantly jumping to any of them.

I use these 8 for big drops or breaks that I want to be able to jump to, or drums and key vocals for beat juggling. As for the rest of the "coldcues", if you will, they're placed at key points where there's either a change in feel (verse/chorus transition), grids and load points, and saved loops for mix in/out points. I've also disabled the mix in/out markers, and I use them as a code for myself to signify good points to jump around in the song to make it shorter, or just keep the drive up by skipping a verse or 2.

On a similar note, anybody else miss the fact that you can't click on a cue marker by hovering over it with the mouse in TP2? I remember in TP1 that you hovered over it, and instead of giving the measure difference count, it said "Cue", and you could jump straight to it...
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_dB View Post
    Just to clarify, (not sure which way you meant it) there's actually up to (i believe) 24 storable cues. Only 8 of them are "hotcues", though, so you have the option of instantly jumping to any of them.

I use these 8 for big drops or breaks that I want to be able to jump to, or drums and key vocals for beat juggling. As for the rest of the "coldcues", if you will, they're placed at key points where there's either a change in feel (verse/chorus transition), grids and load points, and saved loops for mix in/out points. I've also disabled the mix in/out markers, and I use them as a code for myself to signify good points to jump around in the song to make it shorter, or just keep the drive up by skipping a verse or 2.

On a similar note, anybody else miss the fact that you can't click on a cue marker by hovering over it with the mouse in TP2? I remember in TP1 that you hovered over it, and instead of giving the measure difference count, it said "Cue", and you could jump straight to it...
    I only use grid markers and Cue Points.

In this case, I was referring to Cue Points.

The Midi Controller I use has 8 buttons for my Cues.

I don;t need loop markers and fade ins etc for my tracks.

Loop markers on my tools yes forsure.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

i generally have one for the basic bass/percussion, Start of a breakdown, end of a breakdown/first beat after, Clear vocals, cut up vocals. You could hot cue a drum, a hat, a vocal and a snare to really mess it up, For dub or progressive electro you could use hotcues to switch between wobbles/samples or electro build ups / rifts
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

Tech Wizard

Expected someone to just point me to the thread but i got so many wonderful replies instead.Appreciate it guys ;-)

Boom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast