Hey Everyone! Trying to learn the ropes ( newbie ) - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeCz View Post
    Is there any other ( more popular ) digital dj forums out there .. because this one seems to be active but there aren't many people on here from what I see.
    Try Serato.com and see the response you'll get over there. These guys here have been nice to you answering all your noobish questions that can be answered if you simply use the Search button or read the blog. Nobody can tell you if a 13 is better than a 15 screen or to get or not get the anti glare, or what speakers to get. The best way to learn is to simply try it. I love M-Audio Monitors, KRKs are awesome to, why do I pick M-audio over KRKS, price. See what I did, I made my own decision, you should try it. You have the best tool in the world, Google. BTW if you ask these questions anywhere else, you'll be ripped to pieces, they people here are pretty cool compared to other forums. Good luck.

Tech Guru

its all up to you what controller you choose etc. But when it comes to buying equipment and your computer try to be a little cheaper at first (but still buy good quality) just in case you end up not liking it bc ive seen that happen to a few people...i just started a couple months ago and ive spent a total of maybe $500 on equipment, not including my computer which I use for other things besides djing.

Just do your research and and go check stuff out at the store in person so you can get an idea of what youre buying

Quote Originally Posted by LaOnda View Post
    Try Serato.com and see the response you'll get over there. These guys here have been nice to you answering all your noobish questions that can be answered if you simply use the Search button or read the blog. Nobody can tell you if a 13 is better than a 15 screen or to get or not get the anti glare, or what speakers to get. The best way to learn is to simply try it. I love M-Audio Monitors, KRKs are awesome to, why do I pick M-audio over KRKS, price. See what I did, I made my own decision, you should try it. You have the best tool in the world, Google. BTW if you ask these questions anywhere else, you'll be ripped to pieces, they people here are pretty cool compared to other forums. Good luck.
    Relax buddy, I appreciate all the responses I have received, and believe me I KNOW these are very noobish questions, but that's what forums are for ... right? I never said I don't like this forum, or that I want to go to another one .. I am new to all of this and was just wondering if there is another site out there that may have a bigger community than here that I may not know about.

Tech Mentor

Relax buddy, I appreciate all the responses I have received, and believe me I KNOW these are very noobish questions, but that's what forums are for ... right? I never said I don't like this forum, or that I want to go to another one .. I am new to all of this and was just wondering if there is another site out there that may have a bigger community than here that I may not know about.
    Serato.com

why are you trying to send me to serato when I am going to be purchasing a traktor? lol

Tech Mentor

why are you trying to send me to serato when I am going to be purchasing a traktor? lol
    A DJ Forum is a DJ forum and didn't you ask for a bigger community, well serato.com is bigger.

Tech Wizard

Everybody is right that you have to make your own decision. But as a rookie to the digital DJ, I would say that research, research. When I first jumped into it I started with something I had know idea about. I bought a pair of TT, mixer, and Serato Scratch Live. I had DJ before in night clubs about 12 years ago, before the digital stuff had come around. I did get the hang of it sorta, but not very confident with it.. Serato is not as nearly forgiving for as new guy. This summer I broke down and bought the S4 with Traktor and I have to say, it is a blast. I not trying to promote Traktor, but I have the ablity to be a LOT more creative with it with out buying extra hardware. But I did take a huge beating on selling the TT, mixer and Serato. So like I was saying and others have said, research what you want for what you want to do, and try to get some hands on before droping all that cash.

Thanks, and like I said I appreciate all the replies, obviously in the end it is my decision, but I like for you guys to give me ideas so I have somewhere to start, I google and research everything hardcore before I make a purchase. I just have 2 more questions ( sorry ) ... Can anybody tell me which headphones they would recommend and also I have been looking around for dj stands for my apt, but no luck .. so if anybody could point me in the right direction or website to get a nice little dj stand... thanks a lot again!

Tech Guru

Thanks, and like I said I appreciate all the replies, obviously in the end it is my decision, but I like for you guys to give me ideas so I have somewhere to start, I google and research everything hardcore before I make a purchase. I just have 2 more questions ( sorry ) ... Can anybody tell me which headphones they would recommend and also I have been looking around for dj stands for my apt, but no luck .. so if anybody could point me in the right direction or website to get a nice little dj stand... thanks a lot again!
    I currently have the hdj 500s and ive had them a few months now and for the money theyre awesome (idr exact price but i wanna say about $100)..and as for the dj stand i assume you mean a table to put your equipment on? there was an article on the homepage about that the other day, ill see if i can find it for you

Tech Guru

here it is: http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/10/1...om-ikea-parts/

this might be a more expensive option than you were looking for but hey itll look nice and function well

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast