Blackout Ireland!

Default Blackout Ireland!

So we have here in Ireland essentially the first case of an ISP caving into a music industry heavy. IRMA, the Irish Recorded Music Association, has managed to find a friend in Ireland's largest telecommunications and ISP, Eircom. Eircom have vowed not to challenge any court attempts to have websites blocked which IRMA say are promoting music piracy.

This is essentially censorship, and is an inane solutions which will not work in the longterm but will set a precedent in modern Ireland for denying the inherent freedom of the internet.

Please read more here, and follow and of the guidelines to help out if you can!

http://blackoutireland.com/

Thanks people!
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Kinda remains me of the attempt to block access to certain sites here in Australia, it failed epicly too(thank god).

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I believe ours is about to fail epicly in a few weeks. It was supposed to come into power about three weeks ago but at the last moment they put a 1 month hold on it during which they had to come up with a law that was ethical, but wouldnt cost the ISPs their profits.

Thats not going to happen ...

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    I believe ours is about to fail epicly in a few weeks. It was supposed to come into power about three weeks ago but at the last moment they put a 1 month hold on it during which they had to come up with a law that was ethical, but wouldnt cost the ISPs their profits.

Thats not going to happen ...
    Yeah bro its crazy. I certainly hope common sense prevails here. saw on the news tonight that in England they wont be able to watch music vids on YouTube for much longer. WTF?! (FatBoy Slim VS Funkagenda...TUNE!)
    What isp in their right mind wants to have to ban its customers for downloading tunes...i'd say they'd lose a fairly high percentage, something around the 100% mark. Oh well. get a good ip mask, use peer guardian, encryption on your client and browse with tor you'll be safe.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Oh well. get a good ip mask, use peer guardian, encryption on your client and browse with tor you'll be safe.
    Do tell more....

Where can i find more information about all these things you mention?

well, i for one have left eircom and moved to imagine.
    ireland has a terrible selection of ISPs to be quite honest.

tor is a free browser that makes your pc completely anonymous. there are lots of IP masks out there very handy, peer guardian uses proxies etc to hide your tracks, if you use vuze for your torrents use the rc4 security on it. come to the dark side, we have cookies. for example my computer is in the netherlands (apparently).
    Except for tor and azureus you'll have to pay for the other programs...ahem
    Last edited by Jester; 03-10-2009 at 07:33 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by galaxion View Post
    well, i for one have left eircom and moved to imagine.
    ireland has a terrible selection of ISPs to be quite honest.
    not much choice here either man. basically telecom and vodafone and a few small ones