First piece of hardware and thoughts?
    Tech Convert

Default First piece of hardware and thoughts?

Hey everyone,

I am new to this specific forum, and am very happy to be apart of such a close group of individuals with a common passion for DJ'ing and controllerism.

I have been using Traktor Pro 2 for quite some time now. I am a freshmen and college, and have played at a handful of parties with my software alone, by using the keyboard function for Traktor. I have had a lot of positive feedback on my mixing and technique, and would like to take it to the next level with my first purchase of hardware.

My gut feeling and a bit of research has lead me to lean towards the Traktor S2, but price is sort of issue for me. If i choose to wait it out and go for the S2, it won't be until about christmas time for myself, which may not seem long, but for someone who is thriving to step it up, it feels like a long time.

I also would like to take a look at a Midi Fighter and maybe get some feedback on if this unique piece of hardware could maybe stand alone for mixing,effects, loops, etc until i get my S2, and then combine both for an even better live performance in the future.

Any advice on hardware, and my possible choices would be great.

Can't wait to get the ball rolling, and dive deeper into digital DJ'ing

Cozy

Quote Originally Posted by cozy View Post
    I also would like to take a look at a Midi Fighter and maybe get some feedback on if this unique piece of hardware could maybe stand alone for mixing
    Not really the basic model. Faders and knobs are what you'll need for mixing. A midifighter is about as much use as your computer keyboard.
    As for starter controllers - there are many threads on this board about this, so have a dig around.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Something to think about, money wise, is programs like zzsounds.com have.

Breaks up your payment into 4 parts, so you are charged 1/4 of the price of the item you want in 4 consecutive months. No credit card, just the plan.

So payments on the S2 would be $149.75 a month for 4 months. If you decided to go with the S4, the payments would be $224.75 per month for 4 months.

Something like that I've found is a lot easier to manage money wise than buying something up front.

Just food for thought if you know you'll have the money, want the item now, but can't afford to wait.

I also like it because it's not tied to credit, which most times, credit cards will fuck you hard lol.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Not really the basic model. Faders and knobs are what you'll need for mixing. A midifighter is about as much use as your computer keyboard.
    As for starter controllers - there are many threads on this board about this, so have a dig around.

Thats one fancy computer keyboard
    Mine costs like $5 and has been doing me good for years
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Well, I mean for mixing tracks - keyboard = buttons, MIDIfighter = buttons
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

thanks for all the help, and yeah the payment breakdown actually sounds like a pretty solid option, i'll have to take a look at the site!

Tech Convert

There is a site selling x session pros for 20 bucks. Having a faders to mix is priceless and there are enough knobs to make effect knobs. Sounds like a steal