"Smoked Out Liquid Vibes" 58:31 of chilled out Atmospheric and Liquid DnB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool "Smoked Out Liquid Vibes" 58:31 of chilled out Atmospheric and Liquid DnB

A more melodic mix I made this afternoon focusing on the more relaxing side of liquid and atmospheric DnB...Enjoy it and comment on the mix if you have time.

Tracklist

Specific - She Dreams - Nu Directions
    Electrosoul System - Levitation - Kos.Mos.Music
    Anakin - Sky Purple, Yellow and Red - Basswerk
    Break - Enigma (Calibre Remix) - Quarantine Recordings
    Naibu, Spinline & Hydro - Roller X - Fokuz
    Mow - Coming Up - Liquid Soldiers
    Sobersoul - Threat - Respect Records
    SaNDerson - Beautiful Click (SND Remix) - Absys Records
    DJ Trax & KJ Sawka - All Else is Unreal - Absys Records
    Sol ID - Long Way From Home - Basswerk
    Omni Trio - Secret Life - Moving Shadow
    Loxy & Mortem - Epilogue - Absys Records
    PFM & Formula One - If You Were Mine - Plush Recordings
    Intelligent Manners & Command Strange - Groover - LDNB Records
    MSDOS - Sweet Memories - Liquid Drumz
    Bachelors Of Science - Song For Lovers (Lynx Remix) - Horizons Music
    MSDOS - Amanesis - Liquid Drumz
    Indeep vs Nexgen - Last Night a DJ - Nexgen
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Bumping this because I really thought that it was a good mix...No comments? I know It's an hour, but really if you like chilled out beats and a few classics you really might like it

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

On it mate, ill be able to give you some feedback on monday I think. Got a busy weekend of gigs lined up!
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Right on, glad to see that you are getting some work...

good thing you bumped this because i would have missed it. downloading now and listening on my way to work.

btw, i heard your mix again (your last mix) in the car at full blast, and man i really really like it! the track selection was spot on, and those LTJ Bukem (beatcuts, is that what you call it?) are just ridiculous. You really gotta teach me how to do that proper. looking forward to this one.

@ yoshi - You do know I stole that sanderson track straight off of your last mix. As far as the Beatcuts go, I wish I currently don't have a webcam so I will try to work up a mix with a bunch of them.
    Another dj that does (did?) them quite a bit was dara, his first commercial mix on moonshine is pretty much a clinic on slick beatcuts. The way that Bukem does them is a bit more complex, he generally takes rhythms and drum breaks from the incoming track and uses them to add fills and rolls to the songs. whereas what I am doing is more a cut effect like a gater would, but it just doesn't have that sterile sound that a gater has...I will try to get a short mix of this stuff in action up today (god vacations are wonderful )

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    @ yoshi - You do know I stole that sanderson track straight off of your last mix. As far as the Beatcuts go, I wish I currently don't have a webcam so I will try to work up a mix with a bunch of them.
    Another dj that does (did?) them quite a bit was dara, his first commercial mix on moonshine is pretty much a clinic on slick beatcuts. The way that Bukem does them is a bit more complex, he generally takes rhythms and drum breaks from the incoming track and uses them to add fills and rolls to the songs. whereas what I am doing is more a cut effect like a gater would, but it just doesn't have that sterile sound that a gater has...I will try to get a short mix of this stuff in action up today (god vacations are wonderful )

haha, glad you liked that SaNDerson track! I have a very nice collection of that style of dnb, if you want some reccommendations i can PM you if you dont mind.

Dude, i remember that mix by Dara!!! i used to have all his mix CD's back in the day. oh the nostalgia just hit me hard mate! Im gonna try doing that on my mixes, hopefully i get it down, again i have an idea of how its done just not too sure if im really doing it correctly.

Just noticed you put Secret Life in there. =( one of my all time fave dnb tracks.

PMing me a list of recommendations of stuff like that sanderson track would be great!

As far as the beatcuts, just practice it...basically I learned as it was the only bit of turntableism (and I use the term very loosely) that I could do with my limited table time when I was first learning...just practice, you'll get it down pretty quick I bet.

Secret Life is one of those "Desert Island" Drum and Bass tunes...it always gets run on my iPod, such a beautiful track, and 11 years later (god it's been a long time) it still holds up nicely...

sounds interesting. downloading will check this out another time.
    "its not designed to impress mozart ffs its meant for ppl to rave out to." - unknown
    LAZERNOIZE Latest Gig Recording (50Min. of Trap+Dubstep)

Really nice mix mate. You got this liquid business nailed!

Id did notice one slip, you recovered very quickly though, no big deal.
    During the middle of the mix some of the key transitions felt a little forced, you worked well with it though and didnt just smash them together without thought or care, and pulled of a good mix because of that.

Some really nice groovy tracks in there man, i enjoyed it
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast