Traktor Kontrol S2 or Numark Mixtrack Pro?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Kontrol S2 or Numark Mixtrack Pro?

Hello, I have never DJ'd before and I was thinking of getting a good controller as a starting point. I'm looking at the Traktor Kontrol S2 and the Numark Mixtrack Pro. Which one would be a better controller overall?
    Thanks

both have their pro's & con's. google them both, do some research, then make a decision based upon your results rather than our suggestion as you will get varied and few results by asking on the forum.

the decision is yours to make.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

well.... their pretty much the same prices considering that ull need software and that the kontrol s2 comes with it so it depends on what you want to do.

Scratching, effects, looping - Mixtrack Pro

BeatJuggling, sample decks, and advanced effects - Kontrol S2

Tech Wizard

Ive used the mixtrack as well as an s4, and if the s2's build quality is anything like the s4 it will be far superior than the mixtrack, which has dodgy quality and knobs/faders that don't feel solid, I also dont particularly care for the jogs on the mixtrack either... the s2 has more controls more controls, have better scratching via HID, etc etc

tl:dr - if you have the money go for it, you will be happy you spent the extra money... if not the mixtrack pro is great to start learning with and to develop some sets/routines

Banned
    2686 Victoria Street Baton Rouge, LA 70806

Default Roofing contractors Birmingham Alabama

roofing contractors birmingham alabama “Your home is one of your biggest investments and your roof protects that investment. Trust Maximus for The Finest Quality Materials in Metal Roofing Systems today. A Maximus Metal Roofing System, Provides you with the Finest Protection for your home with Our Leading Metal Roofing Manufacturers, Gerard, Central States Mfg. and Metal Works. Their Roofing Materials provide maximum Protection from Hurricane, Tornado, Straight Line Winds, Hail, and Fire.Proper Installation of you New Metal Roof is the Key to how Well your Roof Looks and Lasts. All of our installers are Trained, Qualified & Certified to make Your New Roof the Last One you Will Ever Need.

Thanks Kristine. your input to this forum is invaluable.
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Quote Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
    tl:dr - if you have the money go for it, you will be happy you spent the extra money... if not the mixtrack pro is great to start learning with and to develop some sets/routines

This.

But Zanic does have a valid point.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
    Yep, this is exactly what I was going to say. I'd definitely go for the S2 if I had the money.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    Thanks Kristine. your input to this forum is invaluable.
    LMAO that was good.

And OP its really personal preference, id take the S2 personally but thats just me

Tech Convert

okay ill give it some though, cheers guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast