Dear Traktor, please stop doing this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dear Traktor, please stop doing this.

Love,
    -Xonetacular

This never happened in traktor pro. I noticed it started with Traktor S4 and has continued on in Traktor Pro 2 for like 5%-10% of my tracks. Traktor reads audio that is not in the track and inserts this blank space that messes up the auto grids and track load point. I have no idea why and it is kind of annoying and I would like to see it fixed or get some kind of explanation as to what is going on.

It's happened to me with 1.2.7 as well. I just reset the beat grid on the one. No biggie!
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

There is a bit of silence at the beginning of many tracks.
    The thing with T1 is that the Lead In marker was a huge yellow triangle and the waveform was one colour and it always looked attached to the lead in marker so the gap was less visible.

Because of the crappy lead in line (the grey dashes) and the fact that the Tru-Wave waveform shows nothing if there is no audio it looks like a huge gap.

I agree that it looks shit. I think they should bring back the triangle 'lead in marker' but the gap where there is no audio would still be there cus of the Tru-Wave waveform.

Thats my understanding anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The thing with T1 is that the Lead In marker was a huge yellow triangle and the waveform was one colour and it always looked attached to the lead in marker so the gap was less visible.

Because of the crappy lead in line (the grey dashes) and the fact that the Tru-Wave waveform shows nothing if there is no audio it looks like a huge gap.

I agree that it looks shit. I think they should bring back the triangle 'lead in marker' but the gap where there is no audio would still be there cus of the Tru-Wave waveform.

Ah, finally an answer that makes sense. I have been trying to understand this for months, so then it's not traktor adding in parts in front of the first beat that aren't there but rather I just couldn't see it with that big yellow lead in?

I still don't remember having to adjust grids quite like this though.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Eh... I know ur the man Karlos... but I'm not sure your spot on here... for example, if I have a tune paused and I press a cue point, many times the audio to the left of the cue point is missing.. this did not happen with previous versions.... don't know about beat grids and sync as I don't use 'em.

Ahh....thats a different issue.

The waveform is not showing behind the playhead.

This thread is for the beginning silence of a track having a marker at the start of the file...not the audio.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

The waveform rebuilds behind the playhead after a second or two. At least that's my experience.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

I dont know if I should make a new thread for this, but...

Ive been having a recurring problem with TP2 not letting me drop loops from the first beat, even if I'm cued and snapped to the first beat, when I hit loop it starts it from the following beat.

Its really bloody annoying and has been bugging me for months, dont know why I've only just raised this...
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mylestec View Post
    Eh... I know ur the man Karlos... .
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Ahh....thats a different issue.

The waveform is not showing behind the playhead.

This thread is for the beginning silence of a track having a marker at the start of the file...not the audio.
    Thats correct. Totally different issue.

The missing waveform to the left of the playhead when you jump to a cue point is due to the way Traktor caches in advance.
    In older versions of Traktor the stripe was shown in full, making it look like the whole track was rendered. Its just the stripe information.
    Traktor caches in advance and doesnt show the rendered waveform behind the playhead.

This is being worked on but theres a bit more to it than just showing the waveform.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast