Just looking for some pointers

Question Just looking for some pointers

I havn't really been able to get any feedback from actual DJ's on my technique or anything at this point in my brief time as a DJ, at parties people seem to like it but i've always kind of wanted some criticism but drunk people dont make the best critics even at the best of times, Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated and thankyou very much in advance

<3
    Funky
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSp_KIj5fd0
    Electro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUXFEFDQDT8

Tech Wizard

Cant find anything too off with the mixing. A few times cut in imo too soon and some unnecessary fx using. Otherwise sounds like clean, basic mixing that'll go for a long way. Only thing I'd go for is harmonic selection of tunes and stick to more in the funky/melodic side, your playing style suits it better.

I'm not much into funky house, but the first video got me bobbing my head quite a bit... some thoughts...
    2:49 - 2:51 ish (where the track dropped in) very sick drop , but the bass seems a bit louder than the previous bassline...maybe work on consistency between tracks...
    7:45 -8:30 really really liked this bit here, well done, the effects didn't seem that overdone to me, though I don't know the songs so ya know...
    The Next mix after this part was pretty harsh to my ears...the track was slammin though...you seem to mix in the fast style like a dj that has spun some sort of breakbeat (DnB, breaks etc) which didn't really work on that track for me....
    WHat's with the picture of the furry animal lol ?

Where you brought the madeon mix of raise your weapon in...seemed like there was a phrase issue on the mix, the previous track ended too abruptly to me....

Well done mix sir...you definitely are doing well..
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

thankyou for that sounds about right i need to work on being a little more patient and checking my levels before i drop i get a little anxious and start playing with effects definitely need to work on that ^.^ thanks again for that guess i just need to calm down abit and take it slower when im mixing house maybe play it out a little.

One thing though @Fubar when you say "Only thing I'd go for is harmonic selection of tunes and stick to more in the funky/melodic side" do you mean stay away from harmonic mixing? or go towards it more?

Tech Wizard

Towards it.

Thanks I'll have a look into that when i can :]