i believe headphones are the preverbal nursing blanket for me
    Tech Mentor

Default i believe headphones are the preverbal nursing blanket for me

OK i'm been into audio as a whole since i was like 11 maybe even younger. I always liked good and true sound. Loads of bass was great but if it's destroyed everything else or especially if it was produces poorly, I'd always mentally note it to myself. When i was around 13 i can remember my father upgrading his headphones and giving me this general set that used to sit next to the technics sound system he used to have. I loved these speakers as they gave me truth powerful highs and warm basses just sitting there sniiffing the leather smell and enjoying myself far to much and completely ignoring the world or the fact it was time to actually try and sleep.

A few years later i got a volentree job at at a local community radio station mostly indexing audio onto mini disk and preparing areas for people before they were due to work etc. But the love of the job was i could sit in a recording studio or connect a massive extension lead to a pair of phones and just really appreciate and almost wonder in music. When i left school i went to the capital and went for some studying,

well thats what i thought. after 1 and a half years studying i jacked it in as i'd unfortunately (no fault of my own) been kicked out of student accommodation and found getting to collage harder and harder. I lived for Clubbing for almost 4 years solid. went on holidays, trips marathons and everything that comes in-between. During this period i managed to still find immense escapism and enjoyment in music and it's surroundings to somewhat now even.

I've gone to most of the classic euro mega clubs and festivals and had my mind totally smashed like never before more times than i can guess. In all the mix of my endeavors i picked up the skills of dj'ing and production which nowadays help me more than ever still get those feelings i had way back when i was a kid. even though I might not be jetting off to Ibiza or in some tunnel under a church in London listening to it all the time i still get that buzz and i don't know what age it's going to stop but it's by far my BIGGEST pleasure above all.

To get back to the point do any of you have headphones that you cant put down? be it they make you feel the same or the sound amazing. I've got numerous pairs of headphones but my favourites are still my 10yr old mk1 sony v700's (which wire ties holding them together)

thank you for reading :-)
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by LeeZer View Post
    To get back to the point do any of you have headphones that you cant put down? be it they make you feel the same or the sound amazing. I've got numerous pairs of headphones but my favourites are still my 10yr old mk1 sony v700's (which wire ties holding them together)
    My Shure SRH840's and my AKG K701's are my go to headphones. I love them very much.

I think for many musicians (DJ's or otherwise), they use music as an escapism. When I'm upset, angry or frustrated, I'm known to just grab my headphones, turn my amp on and listen for an hour or two.
    Last edited by Arbite; 10-25-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Tech Wizard

when i was younger i used to have a pair of sony mdr-v150s that i was in love with. they werent the highest quality headphones, but the bass was so loud and sounded so good they could distract me from any problems i was having at the time. have tried several headphones since and nothing has come close to the way the sound from the 150s made me feel.

My TMA-1's, Sennheiser HD 25 1-ll's and my Monster Copper Pro's are my friends.
    356 reasons why

mmmmm....Technics Sound system.....

I still have a pair of Technics 3 way speakers i knicked from my step dad. He upgraded.

I have used them over the last 15 years....and they still PUMP BADASS BASS.

I now use tannoy's at home...but every now and then I hook them up and blow my mates away!

I have this old Marantz Stereophonic Reciever AMP as well. This with the Technics hooked up....WOW!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

my Pio HDJ 2k, I wear them at least 6hs a day