Controllerism Quest
    Tech Student

Default Controllerism Quest

Hey,
    I have been on the hunt for a piece of hardware to build a custom controller.

I'm looking for a Misa Kitara/Ztar style neck that emulates a guitar.The thing is i'm only looking for the neck. A list of hardware needed to create such a beast would be helpful even. Any leads would be really appreciated.

thanks.
    Last edited by el_coop; 10-26-2011 at 02:24 AM.

Off the top of my head, if you want a 20 fret midi neck your going to need about 360 buttons. That means your going to need a brain with an equal amount of inputs plus whatever controls you want to put on the body if your trying to simulate the ztar series. I'm not aware of a micro controller with that many inputs but I suppose it's possible with some intense firmware adjustments and a shitload of multiplexers. I could be wrong though as i'm not an expert.

It would be a pretty amazing build but of course it will take allot of effort and money. Honestly iv'e been considering getting a z6-sp but not for any sort of dj use. It just wouldn't fit my workflow with ableton. I'd rather hook it up to a muse receptor loaded with komplete 8 and rock that bad boy on stage

Sorry I can't really be much of help to you.