iPad djing - article related.
    Tech Wizard

Default ...

Last edited by djshemeck; 05-08-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Tech Wizard

Are you asking if you can dj with traktor without a laptop? Maybe I read it wrong. It is worded a little different. But if that was an actual question, no you need the laptop for traktor. I'm assuming you're talking traktor or another digital dj app bc you said sync.
    There are dj apps in the app store strictly for iPad that are similar to pro dj software, but all are terrible, at least by comparison of my own standard.
    There, as of now, is no way to directly connect a sound card to an iPad in the way you mean. It connects through adhoc/wifi to a laptop to control software, for the most part, on the laptop.
    I've seem pics of djs using some of the ipad only synths and such for performing live, but not often, and like you pointed out its always accompanying a computer. Just google iPad dj performance and you should come up with every answer you need.

Tech Mentor

I don't know if it is what you need, but check out= Alesis I/O dock pro docking station for Ipad. Look it up on musicians friend.

Tech Wizard

Yes. There are several other alternatives, maybe a little cheaper, but none are a tilted dock with these options.
    I plan on getting one, but I'm not using my iPad as a vst at the moment (other than toying around with the producer apps) with my rig it's used as a controller of whatever.
    Cool apps

Tonetable
    Its a full touch screen adjustable position control 'vinyl' that generates 1khz, 2khz, or whatever tone you need to work with any DVS system (Traktor,Serato,VDJ) you want. Works just like a deck, no cheez spin backs or zany effects. It's an actual deck with full scratch/jog wheel, nudge buttons and a pitch slider that's remarkably easier to use than you think. Of course there's a little latency due to limitations of the touch screen speed but is completely useful as a mix and blend dj. Ive seen a video of some random house dj playing a mob of people with two ipads running tonetable controling Traktor to audio 8 or whatever to house mixer. Not a substitution (although in that vid the dj makes a strong argument)but a great third deck.

Touchable
    Instant gratification presenting almost total control over Ableton Live. It is seriously an amazing app that's super easy to use and anyone can jump right in to launch clips, adjust eq, control your instruments and parameters of your effects or flip a screen to the piano keyboard and finger bang a nice bass line right next to a drum line that you just tapped out on the drum pad screen. It's completely an all in one and wireless.

Proremote
    This is a rather expensive app, but I purchased the full version and let me tell you with everything it can do if you use it it's worth it. It can completely control up to 32 channel levels, pans, sends etc with its own set of features like a master channel select section w/every feature you can get(modular crossfader, drum pads, screen snapshots, keyboard, built in mouse, transport, scrub, Instrument and effect settings. The thing is a beast and works with any daw that supports Mackie, and every daw you're on most likely does.

But notice that these apps as amazing as they are and the pinnacle of where iPad sits in true professional market, are made to control something on a computer.
    There's tons more getting into ios native daws and synths, which is an entirely different post, but would really make use of the Alesis dock.