Luminar leisure in administration...

Default Luminar leisure in administration...

Anyone on here in the uk will have for sure been to one of their clubs, be it an oceana, liquid, whatever. although its been on the cards for a long time... luminar leisure officially goes into administration tomorrow. Their clubs and bars might not be everyones choice, but its a bad thing when a brand this big goes under!

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Lum...57838.html?x=0

this is really bad for the uk club scene and i have a lot of friends that work for the company, i hope that things get better with our economy sooner rather than later!
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Didn't someone on here (might have been fullenglishpint) just get a gig at one of their venues?

I'll be a teeny bit sad to think of all the future students missing out on Oceana student nights...
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Tech Mentor

I worked at one of there clubs in Newcastle years ago which was a student weekday/hard dance on weekends and it was always in the top 4 luminar clubs every year making 4/5 million a year. They rebranded it too a Liquid aimed it more at students and its been flat on its arse for years til they brought in 60p drinks lol even then it was only busy on a Saturday

Thats pretty big, loved the old Oceana Thursdays back home. I suppose with students (including me) buying drinks and getting sloshed at home before they get out, their entry fees, usually rather small, are not enough to keep this large firm afloat. Gone are the days of a long night of drinking and partying.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

This is HUGE news in my city. If this goes down then 2 of the biggest clubs go down.

I would be ok cus to be honest they are my direct competitors. The 2 luminar clubs in my city are the ones that we lose custom to or they lose to us. Its a ding-dong battle all the time.

People will lose jobs so its a bad situation.

Tech Mentor

THe one in Newcastle was bought a few days ago so I can imagine the others with potential will be snapped up aswell or maybe there will be a massive buy out as like what happened with Ultimate Leisure

I would be really happy if the Liquid in my town shuts down. All it does is encourage shit nights, playing shit music to people drinking shit drinks. Obviously I am sorry that people may lose jobs. However, in my opinion its places like this that kill decent underground venues.

Roll on the Closure of Liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    I would be really happy if the Liquid in my town shuts down. All it does is encourage shit nights, playing shit music to people drinking shit drinks. Obviously I am sorry that people may lose jobs. However, in my opinion its places like this that kill decent underground venues.

Roll on the Closure of Liquid.
    But thinking about it, does it keep the dick heads away from the good venues????

its awful, my first job in a club was there albeit as a barman but it was my education

i really feel for the people that lost their jobs over this.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account