PICMIX - DIY midi DJ controller - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Tool cold to work on the enclosures so there is time for some coding and drawing. I made the front panel design for the midi fighter clone: http://mylantec.be/upload/midifighter.pdf nothing special there. Will be made of 2mm black anodised aluminum. White 24mm sanwa's and 3mm green leds.

Tech Mentor

While searching for suitable connectors I found these sexy USB and RJ45 ones from Neutrik. The USB will obviously connect to the PC and the RJ45 will make the connection between the midifighter and the picmix mainboard.

Meanwhile the mainboard works completely, including the midi-in signal processing.

Tech Convert

wonderful!

Tech Mentor

The case is finished. Made from oak and varnished (correct word ?), every edge is rounded. The electronics are now bus powered so I don't need a power supply. I'll post a picture and schematics of how I modded the midi to usb converter. Still need to drill a hole for the Neutrik connector and mount some leds.

Tech Mentor

Thank

I upgraded Traktor to version 2.1.2 and wow the new function jog turn is nice ! It responds just the way I want it, I now find the jog too sensitive at 100% so no need to upgrade it. Thanks NI !!

Tech Convert

I'll post a picture and schematics of how I modded the midi to usb converter.
    Oh yes please!
    Can you make a video of the controller in action?

Tech Mentor

Here is the tutorial for the converter: http://mylantec.be/upload/midiconverter.PDF
    It is very small but for someone with little electronic knowledge no problem I guess. If you have questions don't hesitate.

A video will be made, I need to do some little things to it but it is now 95% finished.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Skirmitt View Post
    Here is the tutorial for the converter: http://mylantec.be/upload/midiconverter.PDF
    It is very small but for someone with little electronic knowledge no problem I guess. If you have questions don't hesitate.

A video will be made, I need to do some little things to it but it is now 95% finished.
    Extremely easy thanks

Tech Mentor

Since the proto board works flawless I decided to make a PCB out of it. I adjusted the schematics to make it modular.
    Updated version of the schematics here: http://mylantec.be/upload/PICMIX_final.pdf

Features on the mainboard will be:
    • TTL serial input and output
    • 5V DC powered
    • PIC16F886 @ 8 MHz / ICSP header for programming
    • 16 led outputs
    • 16 button inputs
    • 2 optical encoder inputs
    • 1 debounced mechanical encoder input
    • 16 analog inputs
    • analog, led and button inputs are expandable with shift registers

When finished this board will be in my midifighter clone too.
    To make the connection with the PC I'll use a modified USB to midi converter board as explained earlier.
    Last edited by Skirmitt; 02-29-2012 at 09:30 AM.