PICMIX - DIY midi DJ controller - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Very little time to post on the forum but did find some time to assemble my MF clone and write 4 bank firmware for it. It is now completely compatible with the official MF mappings except for the supercombos. I had some issues with receiving midi data but all that is now completely fixed by using a ringbuffer so I don't miss data.

The left PCB is the one I designed myself, the small one on the right is a mod I do to USB to midi converter boards so I can use them in my projects. It goes to a Neutrik connector on the back. Wood is oak, top plate is 2 mm anodized alu.

looking very very cool what's your estimated price for all the components etc? love the oak
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Mentor

Total cost is around 100$ I think, I should calculate it exactly. After all this was an easy project. Now I'll continue working on the PICMIX cause that still has the proto board in it. I would like to add a VU meter to it if my board can handle the data fast enough, I'm pretty sure it can :-)

nice build. let me know how you get on with the VU meter, it's something i'm playing with myself.
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Tech Mentor

Hmm I lost track of this topic and forgot to update it. Meanwhile the Picmix got a new midi brain board. It is a lot smaller than the proto as you see. I also redid the wiring of the panel completely. Quality imo is top notch. I'm very satisfied with the result. Hours and hours has it been used and it didn't let me down once. A colleague DJ likes likes it too.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

That's cool Is it same board as from your midifighter?

Tech Mentor

Yes it is, all that is different is the program the microcontroller is running.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I like it because it's small enough, can fit into current box (gamepad) and then I could use it as a brain with link to my bcd3000 and mod it with spare three knobs and eight more buttons for page selection mode. How many controls can I get from that and does it support LED feedback for every button as well?

Tech Mentor

Yeah, I'm satisfied with the size. Compared to other brands with simple controllers the PCB is a lot smaller with even better working.
    The modular design will be very usefull for future projects.
    There is no limit on how many controls it supports, it comes to extra I/O and custom firmware.
    LED feedback is no problem.

Amazing !

awe-inspiring btw you'd get a lot of views on YT if you made a video of the clone
    NI Traktor Kontrol S4 - Sennheiser HD 25 - MF SPECTRA