Inputs/Outputs quiet on Audio 8 DJ?
    Tech Guru

Default Inputs/Outputs quiet on Audio 8 DJ?

Hey guys I ran into a bit of a problem with my Audio 8 DJ. I'm using it for a Bridge style setup with Traktor and Ableton (video coming shortly). Both Ableton and Traktor are using the Audio 8 DJ for input/output. To get this to work with timecode vinyl, I have an RCA going from Channel A output (1/2) to Input (5/6) on the Audio 8. What's confusing me is that the volume level is really quiet in Ableton. Yet if I do a traditional Audio 8 DJ/external mixer setup the levels come in nice and high on the mixer (The mixer is a DJM 900). Does this have more to do with my mixer boosting the levels or having better inputs?

I'd really love some feedback since i'm hoping to do an article for DJTT showing how other users can set this up, it really is an awesome setup, we're talking +1000 for Traktor users.

are your decks plugged into phono or line? Turntables need to be plugged into phono otherwise you will get a very quiet output.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Guru

I believe all the outputs on the Audio 8 are Line outputs, 5/6 input would be line as well. The only way so far that i've discovered to boost the levels going into the Audio 8 and Ableton is too turn up the deck gain in Traktor or the Master output, but it has to be pretty substantial at which point it results in distortion